• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

The GEFS look way too fast with the pattern evolution.

The Scandinavian Ridge is more than likely too beefed up (even on the mean it's insane) and is causing too much heat transfer into the stratosphere which eventually allows a ridge to set up over western Canada/west coast. While there probably will be a gradual pattern change over the next few weeks, there's no way it's going to flip that quickly when we've been locked in this state for months.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scandinavian Ridge is more than likely too beefed up (even on the mean it's insane) and is causing too much heat transfer into the stratosphere which eventually allows a ridge to set up over western Canada/west coast. While there probably will be a gradual pattern change over the next few weeks, there's no way it's going to flip that quickly when we've been locked in this state for months.

Sent from my SM-G925V

The euro ensembles show the same thing though. I think its rushing it a bit but it has the same idea.

Sent from my SM-G925V

Agree.

12Z gefs still splits the PV. People need to be patient.

At 50hpa. Will take another couple of weeks to propagate that up to the upper strat. Then there is the question of which side of the globe any split or displacement effects and where any potential blocking sets up. Could be the other side, though you hope the Siberian high shunts it over this way. But we'll get to that later. Posters in this thread still don't think SSWEs are a real event that impact our weather. Still others rightfully question the scope and nature of that impact. The rest of those in here really don't have a clue, nor do they want to.

Most of the split ends up over Siberia. If that happens, it will be challenging to reload before March. There is a good chance of a shutout winter, it's certainly not a low probability.

you're not allowed to say this. opengeo and peanut butter girlfriend have guaranteed a cold and snowy pattern after this month

Scandinavian ridge should help lower NAO and also dislodge the vortex from Baffin Island. Also, ensembles are all showing a +PNA with heights spiking in western Canada. That coincides with the end of the Indian Ocean forcing and a return to a more typical Nino look with forcing over the dateline.

It's not an arctic pattern, but it should give us the chance for wintry precip and much more seasonable temps following the NYE cutter.

you're not allowed to say this. opengeo and peanut butter girlfriend have guaranteed a cold and snowy pattern after this month

Little Mike most here know that  I am plus 3 for Jan and plus 1 J-M . Snoski will confirm . Don`t muddy up Peanut Butters forecast .

You got AN snow right. You give me carpal tunnel having to respond so often  to this stupidity . 

Whats normal

low 70's from now till February is the highest temps on record...2013, 1984, 2007 maybe more years reached those heights...it can be mid 70's and not be that far off the highest max's...so if it's going to be extremely warm for this time of year it normally will get into the upper 60's and low 70's...

I don't know if we're looking at the same panels. I still see mostly a little above average temps.

Archived