joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well someone is going to bust.  You have forecasts like this which suggest little winter weather and then Weatherbell going cold and snowy especially from NYC south

-

How did WSI do last year? 

Well someone is going to bust.  You have forecasts like this which suggest little winter weather and then Weatherbell going cold and snowy especially from NYC south

-

J-M KNYC 

WB - 1C

WSI +1C

They both look wet in the means along the EC , but they are not far off from each other 

20151221-US-Seasonal-Release.jpg

post-7472-0-68571000-1450802165_thumb.pn

-

WSI did a very good job: http://96.8.93.62/a4912d50-5662-49e3-9744-7396df2242db/news-scheduled-forecast-release-details.htm

It should be noted that the forecast does not, in any way, resemble the extreme warmth of December.

Thanks, Tom. And thank you for continuing to post your thoughts as there is far too little LR analysis going on IMO. One can only harp on and on about record warmth for so long. :)

The pattern is evolving exactly as you have been suggesting and as Cohen laid out. Each ensemble run is getting better and better and in just a couple weeks we will be in MUCH better shape. The similarities to 57-58 are uncanny.

There is a long range Nino thread in this sub forum! There is really not much to discuss in the long range with regards to cold and snow....we will probably get a break from the +20 stuff, but the looks still remains mild. Orhwxman and a few others feel we get mild again before a more sustained change for the better...right now we have historic warmth up and down the east coast, that's the main story. I suggest if you don't like it, go back to the other site and post maps of the 384 hr gfs op run. I for one enjoy all the warmth stats this forum is providing

-

Generally better than Weatherbell on an HDD forecast basis.

Nittany I THINK the CMC is missing the MJO . 

'The GFS and Euro are in line , the Canadian misses the resulting trough on the EC.

850 anomalies are plus 1 day 11-15 on the GFS ensembles which is no different than what the Euro has been showing 

Step back  sighhhhhhhhhhhh ....  The GFS and EURO agree the torch is over , all one has to do is look. 

gfs-ens_T2ma5d_us_3.png

gfs-ens_z500a5d_us_3.png

ECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_full.gif

CANM_phase_20m_full.gif

I was kidding.  The usual suspects are trolling, so I was being sarcastic.

lol, you know when it comes to you and your history of screaming ,  it hard to tell . 

We are heading back to slightly above N in early Jan . There is nothing in the Euro or GFS ensembles guidance that says otherwise. 

But I thought the big pattern change was coming soon. Those extremely knowledgable posters said it was.

Did you miss the Euro and GFS ensembles ?   5 days of plus 1c with the ridge on WC vs a ridge in the E a trough in the W and plus 15 .

That`s the same pattern to you ? 

Archived