• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

That's not what he said though. I think it's a fair call, especially for January. February I like as -1 but wouldn't be shocked if it was above average.

But his posts do tend to favor the warm side. That's just how he is and I often agree to disagree because I always like cold and especially snow in winter. My feeling is +2 for Jan because the step down would happen. Feb maybe -2.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But his posts do tend to favor the warm side. That's just how he is and I often agree to disagree because I always like cold and especially snow in winter. My feeling is +2 for Jan because the step down would happen. Feb maybe -2.

But he's not just favoring above average for the hell of it.

Finally the Euro ensembles offer some hope by day 14. Ridging is finally showing up on the WC.

By day 15 there is a trough developing in the SE. 850 anomalies on day 14 are plus 1 and N by day 15 . The 0 line at 850 is around the M/D line by day 13 so what looks warm at 500 mb 18k feet is actually N at 5k feet.

The Euro ensembles are hinting at a return to N right around New Years.

Finally the Euro ensembles offer some hope by day 14. Ridging is finally showing up on the WC.

By day 15 there is a trough developing in the SE. 850 anomalies on day 14 are plus 1 and N by day 15 . The 0 line at 850 is around the M/D line by day 13 so what looks warm at 500 mb 18k feet is actually N at 5k feet.

The Euro ensembles are hinting at a return to N right around New Years.

It's wrong, the giant ridge on the ec is permanent. We now live in a Mediterranean climate. No snow will ever fall again

I don't think the 'elastic analogy'  works here, since it is best  for short term pops in either direction.    Our pattern has been welded into place by a super El Nino.    Only a favorable (not 2012) SSWE can salvage any of the winter by busting up the Polar Vortex (mitosis is what is needed here man!)

Looking at the CFS for Seattle which probably teleconnects well with NYC, the next 60 days are hopeless for us as they remain -5degs. with virtually no ensemble members above the normal line and we go the other way.   This seems even worse than it was recently.

It's wrong, the giant ridge on the ec is permanent. We now live in a Mediterranean climate. No snow will ever fall again

Haha. It actually snows in the Mediterranean, especially the eastern half on the European side. Greece gets a few snowfalls each winter down to the beaches on average and the mountains get slammed every year. There's like 20 ski resorts scattered throughout the country.

This is more like south Cali type "Mediterranean" climate.

Haha. It actually snows in the Mediterranean, especially the eastern half on the European side. Greece gets a few snowfalls each winter down to the beaches on average and the mountains get slammed every year. There's like 20 ski resorts scattered throughout the country.

This is more like south Cali type "Mediterranean" climate.

Eastern Europe, especially the Balkans, is a great place for snow. My friend reported snow in the mountains of Montenegro during a September bike trip.

Eastern Europe, especially the Balkans, is a great place for snow. My friend reported snow in the mountains of Montenegro during a September bike trip.

i am originally from Montenegro, and it snows maybe once a year but this year the city where I was born Podgorica, Montenegro has gotten to 32 or lower twice so it was technically lower than here. It usually snows once a year but rain usually follows. There are some great ski areas in Montenegro. And the beaches during the summer are amazing. Check out the Budva, Montenegro it's really beautiful and women are sexy!

They tend to get better access to very cold air that drops down from Russia while the western half of Europe has the Atlantic flooding them with warmth.

I've seen snow still present on a mountaintop in Greece in the first week of July. It was only a small patch in a shady area but nevertheless it was still there and only at about 5000 feet elevation.

i am originally from Montenegro, and it snows maybe once a year but this year the city where I was born Podgorica, Montenegro has gotten to 32 or lower twice so it was technically lower than here. It usually snows once a year but rain usually follows. There are some great ski areas in Montenegro. And the beaches during the summer are amazing. Check out the Budva, Montenegro it's really beautiful and women are sexy!

What happened to being from Luxembourg?

It all makes sense now

At least the makings of our next accidental cold day, say Jan. 07, is showing up----but it is clearly too far west and not coming at us direct from over Hudson Bay yet.

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=12&model_dd=19&model_init_hh=12&fhour=384&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

At least the makings of our next accidental cold day, say Jan. 07, is showing up----but it is clearly too far west and not coming at us direct from over Hudson Bay yet.

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=12&model_dd=19&model_init_hh=12&fhour=384&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Maybe go enjoy the nice weather or something? You seem to be getting obsessed lol

Archived