joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think we start as straight snow interior tonight?

It doesn't matter...if it doesn't, it would change to snow pretty quick. The lighter stuff before 9pm could be a mix of junk...but the main precip from that wave is overnight, so that part would be snow.

Definitely rooting for you all south of the new Hampshire border.  I am all set with this winter...definitely one to remember, but I am ready for spring.  I would prefer not to add anything to the snowpack.  Probably the first time ever I am enjoying it melting.

Man that radar is painful to look at.  It's gonna be hours and hours of high QPF, moderate snowfall just training over a narrow strip.  It's just what we needed to erase memories of arctic pixie dust for days on end.

tell me about it, would've quelled a lot of disappointment...

Yea, more of the same. It's a another more moderate long wave storm, set up about 30-40 miles further south.

Blows.

Almost reminds me of Jan/Feb 2006.

When looking at climate sites that record snowfall, CAR, GYX, BTV, ALY, BOX, and OKX are all above normal snowfall for the season.

Can't really infer the others based on precipitation for the season, because if you look at ALB they are 0.57" below normal precip but 24" above normal snowfall for the season.

Lately, it snows every other day in ALB this winter.  Since Feb. 3 they have reported 20.7" of snow, with snow reported on all but 7 days.  Accumulating snow reported on all but 14 days (just a little more than half).  Yet the snowdepth is lower than any place in the northeast with the exception of metro NY and Long Island... and possibly parts of the Champlain Valley.  And that could change by tomorrow.  Truly an unbelievable winter for lots of places.

How much of that is snow on ukie though?

Hard to tell given that we only have 6 hour panels, but I think it's mostly snow away from the south coast which is rain to advisory/low end warning snow. You're probably 3-6 on that I think. I'll check weatherbell around 3 and see what it says to confirm though.

How much of that is snow on ukie though?

Might have to trim a couple tenths near the south coast...but that's still a good event even with that. That's the further north model today for the "good snows" (I'll subjectively define that as >3")

Archived