joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you putting out a map today for your site? I'm thinking 3-6 south CT, 1-3 north would probably be a safe bet right now, what are you guys thinking?

Yes, waiting to see the Euro but we're leaning towards that. Might be 2-4 north depending on what Euro has, 3-6 south is all but on the map I think.

How come you always put out a CT map but your location says Boston?

I became a partner in SCW back when I still lived in CT, and we've built up a big enough following(We're at about 13k on Facebook now and get four digits worth of daily traffic to the website) that it doesn't make sense for me to leave and start something Boston related when I'd be going from zero all over again. Takes a lot of resources, time and energy to grow a brand to that level and I don't want to do that again.

I try to do regionwide maps when I have the time, but when my schedule is a disaster(as it usually is), I have to prioritize the one that's putting money in my wallet, so I do the map for the site and it's easy to copy/paste it over here.

I became a partner in SCW back when I still lived in CT, and we've built up a big enough following(We're at about 13k on Facebook now and get four digits worth of daily traffic to the website) that it doesn't make sense for me to leave and start something Boston related when I'd be going from zero all over again. Takes a lot of resources, time and energy to grow a brand to that level and I don't want to do that again.

I try to do regionwide maps when I have the time, but when my schedule is a disaster(as it usually is), I have to prioritize the one that's putting money in my wallet, so I do the map for the site and it's easy to copy/paste it over here.

FB link please.

Verbatim, it misses by ~0.25"

In practice however, I would say yes.

Well the algorithm causes them to miss by 0.25"...

Sorry just a pet peeve of mine... :lol:   when the snow maps are used because that is not really the verbatim output of the model...the QPF is verbatim, but there's about half dozen different algorithm maps that interpret it differently.

Archived