• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

New BOX map, quite frankly, this makes no sense considering the trends we saw re. the first wave at on the 12z guidance. This map is essentially throwing out all other guidance but the NAM, which is a dangerous dangerous dangerous proposition.

I also think they've got way too wide a 1-2 area, the northern cutoff of it is decent but all guidance suggests a relatively sharp rampup from nothing to 2-4".

I'd take 1-2" in a heart beat haha.  Still not expecting much more than a coating that will be vaporized by solar radiation through the clouds Thursday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strangest thing on that map for me is the fact that the islands are out of the higher bands.  They don't just think that its a steep gradient, and that we're mostly on the outside of it, they seem to think that either rain and wet snow keeps accumulation down, offsetting more qpf or this just isn't as strong, broadly, as modeled, once its here.

The strangest thing on that map for me is the fact that the islands are out of the higher bands.  They don't just think that its a steep gradient, and that we're mostly on the outside of it, they seem to think that either rain and wet snow keeps accumulation down, offsetting more qpf or this just isn't as strong, broadly, as modeled, once its here.

From reading their tweets, they're thinking the bolded. Not sure I agree with them though.

In their probabilistic graphics, they give BOS a ~40% chance of breaking the record(39% of 2", we need 1.9"), which I think is about right.

I like the map...probably close to what will verify across the region.

I don't give a **** about the map.  I'm just a little dumbfounded by the wording in the AFD.  To say 12z models moved S is inaccurate if you ask me but whatever.  Sticking by my 1-3" here even though I think just about every 12z model gave me more except the NAM/SREFs.  It's all gravy.

I don't give a **** about the map.  I'm just a little dumbfounded by the wording in the AFD.  To say 12z models moved S is inaccurate if you ask me but whatever.  Sticking by my 1-3" here even though I think just about every 12z model gave me more except the NAM/SREFs.  It's all gravy.

Agreed on both accounts.

I agree with their map, but not their interpretation of trends in guidance today.

I'd be deeply worried if they spent a lot of time reading this thread for forecast guidance.

I think some fantasize that they do read these threads for guidance.

It seems like they are playing the mix precip possibility in their map. I just hope Boston gets their record because it will be a crawl to the finish if they don't.

(Tippy laughing in the background.)

I think some fantasize that they do read these threads for guidance.

It seems like they are playing the mix precip possibility in their map. I just hope Boston gets their record because it will be a crawl to the finish if they don't.

(Tippy laughing in the background.)

Boston has the record.

No way a winter of this ilk delivers that little throughout the entirety of March...even the truncated seasons provided something in March.

Worst case is you sweat it out for 3 weeks or so, but even then, the EPO reloads for one last dance with fate.

Boston has the record.

No way a winter of this ilk delivers that little throughout the entirety of March...even the truncated seasons provided something in March.

Worst case is you sweat it out for 3 weeks or so, but even then, the EPO reloads for one last dance with fate.

Yeah that's the way I feel. Like 2011...truncated winter...but BOS had 1.6" on Mar 31-Apr 1 that year.

I'd give BOS a 50/50 shot right now of breaking it in this storm.

What in GOD's name is the NWS doing? My PNC says about 0.5", and it's a massive 1-2, when now All models are going way North agreeing on about 3"-5" for me. There's Proof in their insanity, because their maximum map is so much larger than what they are forecasting. Not even an Advisory???? Kevin - Nice Prediction. Warning to the Pike = Not ECEN a Hazardous Weather Outlook to the Pike. post-2792-0-64279800-1425501532_thumb.jp

Archived