Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good Dr. Cohen:

"The forecast for the U.S. was phenomenal,” said Cohen, director of seasonal forecasting at Atmospheric and Environmental Research in Lexington, Massachusetts. “As far as I know, the Siberian snow cover was the only thing that called for an extreme winter.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-04/siberian-snow-cover-theory-proves-less-than-perfect-this-winter

Nevermind it was right for all the wrong reasons.  

The good Dr. Cohen:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-04/siberian-snow-cover-theory-proves-less-than-perfect-this-winter

Nevermind it was right for all the wrong reasons.  

Eh, he admitted that the AO forecast didn't work out. It's spin, but isn't so bad when taken in the context of his portion of the article.

Unless they find a good correlation with SAI and the EPO then the forecast sucked. I get tired of right for the wrong reasons. If they link the SAI to the EPO then I'll change my opinion. 

The AO wasn't just positive this winter. It was RAGING positive nearly door to door. Not one single person called for that. 

Baltimore truck info anyone?

I need to deliver to a Big Lots store on Cleanleigh Drive in Parkville tomorrow around noontime. Can I take the Perring Parkway (MD-41) with a tractor and 53 foot trailer or is it restricted?

breaker 1-9.  looks like you got negatory response.

clown.  why don't you look up the regulations if you know how to use the internet?

Last time I venture in here for anything. I was looking for a little friendly help from some of the locals who might know the area and this is what I get? Nice sub forum you all have down here.

You don't need to take any reply from needsbiggerboat personally. I don't agree with the rude response but he's going through great difficulty in his life, so I'd let it go.

Baltimore truck info anyone?

I need to deliver to a Big Lots store on Cleanleigh Drive in Parkville tomorrow around noontime. Can I take the Perring Parkway (MD-41) with a tractor and 53 foot trailer or is it restricted?

I would think you would be permitted to use that part of Perring Parkway. Perring Parkway is a rather large two-lane road in both directions. I travel that road all the time and I have seen all types of big trucks. Parkville is in Baltimore County and Perring Parkway is exit 30 off of 695 and the shopping center you need is about 1.5-2.0 miles from the beltway exit. It is close to the city line and I doubt trucks are permitted a couple miles further down Perring Parkway inside city limits but your delivery is north of there.

I need your help everyone.  My debate team won city championships and is trying to go to nationals but the only way we can send them is with the free spot given out by the Baltimore Urban Debate League.  In their infinite wisdom they decided to whore themselves out for publicity by opening the spot up for a vote competition on facebook.  The team with the most likes by 9am tomorrow gets the spot.  My team is at a huge disadvantage since my school is very small compared to some of the other teams.  Please vote for the Carver debate team, they really are great students.  Link anyone you can, Thank you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Send-Carver-to-La-with-Budl/1568861673382964

Last time I venture in here for anything. I was looking for a little friendly help from some of the locals who might know the area and this is what I get? Nice sub forum you all have down here.

i don't care.  this is like me coming to you, with a question from profession...."hey, how do I answer this, "hey, what is the missing variable for this equation"

do your friggin job.  this ain't a cb radio.

try google maps next time, dummy

I need your help everyone.  My debate team won city championships and is trying to go to nationals but the only way we can send them is with the free spot given out by the Baltimore Urban Debate League.  In their infinite wisdom they decided to whore themselves out for publicity by opening the spot up for a vote competition on facebook.  The team with the most likes by 9am tomorrow gets the spot.  My team is at a huge disadvantage since my school is very small compared to some of the other teams.  Please vote for the Carver debate team, they really are great students.  Link anyone you can, Thank you

I would vote but I don't have Facebook; good luck!

Liked!

breaker 1-9.  looks like you got negatory response.

clown.  why don't you look up the regulations if you know how to use the internet?

i don't care.  this is like me coming to you, with a question from profession...."hey, how do I answer this, "hey, what is the missing variable for this equation"

There is no excuse for you to be such a jerk.  There was nothing funny or amusing about your post it was just flat out mean for no good reason.  If you don't like his question you don't have to respond.  To actually take the time to respond with such negativity for no good reason to someone who is just asking for help is troubling to me.  We have one of the most knowledgeable groups in this forum as well as great conversation and some people I love to hear comments from, but at the same time some take this way too seriously and get angry way too easy.  Makes me wonder why anyone would get so bent out of shape over a chat forum that is generally friendly banter. 

maybe voyager was coming here for some inside help? maybe he thought he could get some experienced inside info? you know most in this thread is from the DMV. hell if I saw his question I would have pm'd an idea.

Archived