northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean like for highs. For the record, I think it was summer 2013 but one night had a low of 85. I kid u not.

I believe it. I can remember lots of low temps in the low 80's. What is really interesting is the amount of lows in the 0-5 range. Seems like we went year without getting below 10. The past 2 winters that hasn't been a problem at all. Hopefully it keeps up. Poor California tho..

That was last summer :(

Yeah, and last summer (in my opinion, at least) was about the best and most pleasant in many a year for the DC area.  It was actually nice to be out in the evening much of the time, the mornings were not a steam-bath before 8AM, and we were below average for the number of 90+ days.  Beat the hell out of 2010, 2011, and 2012.  Getting +5 in July is awful.  Summer 2013 was pretty good too, though a bit more oppressive at night compared to last year, even as the days were somewhat below normal.

Yeah, and last summer (in my opinion, at least) was about the best and most pleasant in many a year for the DC area.  It was actually nice to be out in the evening much of the time, the mornings were not a steam-bath before 8AM, and we were below average for the number of 90+ days.  Beat the hell out of 2010, 2011, and 2012.  Getting +5 in July is awful.  Summer 2013 was pretty good too, though a bit more oppressive at night compared to last year, even as the days were somewhat below normal.

I'd like a repeat of last summer too.  Just add in a few more stormy days and it would be a perfect summer.   Lots of mild, low humidity days last summer made it heavenly.

lol at the weather channel.  geez.

in other news, i think i've officially decided i'm ready to move on from winter, unless we're capable of getting an all-snow event that has a powdery consistency.  in march, that's tough, so i think i'm content moving on.

also, this forum shouldn't even let you try to reply until you login.  

Archived