joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed over to mostly freezing rain here around 6 pm, after getting 1/4" of sleet, bringing my snow/sleet final total to 3.0".  The 2-4" call for most of Central Jersey was pretty good.  Looks like we're in for at least 0.2-0.3" of freezing rain, as radar is full down to DE and temps are just 27-28F in this area. Shoveled the sleet by about 6:30 pm and put down salt, so hopefully I at least won't have a sheet of ice on my driveway/sidewalk - will check it later.  

Could get ugly and temps aren't supposed to go above 32F until 8-10 am Monday morning.  Untreated roads (and obviously sidewalks/driveways) could be an icy mess for the morning rush.  Too bad we couldn't hold onto the snow longer here, like areas to the north that look like they're going to get 4-7".  Still a nice storm.  

Snow growth a little better now; nothing great...but whatever happens from here on out...it was a winter to remember...the coldest month ever out at BNL...that, to me, is amazing...considering how much more built up the Suffolk County is nowadays.

Just saw you added the photograph...what a beautiful picture.  Nature is fantastic. 

It's funny, because we've had so many winters with quite a bit more snow, but this has been doing its best to contend for dream winter.  To have the very cold temperatures persist along with heavy snowfall and not a cutter in the mix is a rare combo and the landscape here for several weeks has resembled what we usually drive several hours for (and don't always find).

And just like that, back to moderate snowfall here again,  Based on the stake, I think we are up to around 5" on the day.  I'll measure again later this evening.

Guest Pamela

Closing in on 5 here in northern Nassau

I wonder who this could be; I do not know anyone from N. Nassau...nobody but Jay Gatsby...

Guest Pamela

East or West Egg?

You are very literary; the rapidity of the reply tells me there was no need for a 'net consultation.  Continues to snow nicely here.

Archived