joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People say that all the time but it's not really shocking to get heavy snow rates as late as mid April or later.

Just look at April 82 or even the Superstorm that delivered feet of snow in the Deep South mid March.

yeah but the climo isnt always favorable for events like those,esp on the coast.but right now it's ripping all snow up here.ill take it any day. :snowing:

Yeah I have to say its odd seeing the mix line more north over NJ than LI

Manhattan folk south of 78 have been into some heavy sleet for the last hour, but it looks like to the east and west at this latitude it's snowing. Care to hazard a guess if the snow returns here?

Snowfall and some sleet totaling just under 2" fallen on top of thin layer of ice in my driveway, so no melting of today's snowflakes.

attachicon.gif3-1 snow pic 2.jpg

Snowfall and some sleet totaling just under 2" fallen on top of thin layer of ice in my driveway, so no melting of today's snowflakes.

attachicon.gif3-1 snow pic 2.jpg

thats a nice gradient from your location to mines up here in the northern bronx,i have over 5 inches already and heavy snow currently.

Guest Pamela

3.8" new snow Port Jeff @ 5:30 PM...have now cracked the 50 inch barrier for the season (50.4").  Snow continues to fall with about a foot and a half on the ground. 

Archived