Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

Guest Pamela

it's our winter

What an eerily familiar quote out of the past...lol...3.0 inches new Port Jeff @ 4:30 PM  16.5 on the ground. Less than half an inch away from a 50 inch winter here (49.6).

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Sheepshead Bay as well and have well over 3" so far. It's safe to say I will have a total snow/sleet accumulation of about 4" when all is said and done. Curious question: why do your snowfall measurements often have a low bias? Anthony (Snow88) lives in Sheepshead Bay as well and has over 31" for this season? How can you still be at only 26"?

My reports are exactly what I measure. I use a white plastic picnic table. I also take a few measurements from my neighbors wood patio deck fencing. It may be a little close to the house though and sheltered but on a day like today when there is no wind that should not make a difference. I honestly don't see more than a max of 2 inches out here on colder surfaces

Guest Pamela

18z RGEM is snowy...especially for LI...with 6 - 8 inches there (assuming 10:1 ratios)...but that is from 18z (1:00 PM)..so since snow started before...the overall amounts could be a drop higher. 

Here is the $%^& part it is in the mid 20`s in CNJ with reports of FRZ . Look at how much precip is yet to swing through with those BLs .

That could be an ugly night before they can play beat the clock and see if they get out of the hole .

N of 80 , it`s on . http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

Agree Paul. This could get really ugly this evening. Hopefully people stay inside.

Guest Pamela

Extremely pretty, pristine, & picturesque in Port Jeff as we approach twilight; daytime snow is far and away preferable to nightime snow. 

Guest Pamela

RGEM IS WAY OUT TO LUNCH ON THIS ONE...HERE IS ITS 18Z RUN

That's for 7 PM...not out of the question the line could recede a few miles south by then.

Archived