joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hazy Sunshine out. Temp is at 50. We managed   :)

Made for a nice sunset too. If only it could have come out sooner...but at least there's tomorrow to look forward to before the easterly winds start blowing off of the dreaded icecube infested Lake Erie to spoil the fun.

Made for a nice sunset too. If only it could have come out sooner...but at least there's tomorrow to look forward to before the easterly winds start blowing off of the dreaded icecube infested Lake Erie to spoil the fun.

I think i saw a trillion guys out ice fishing today...  no...but there were a lot of them.  Ice is starting to look a little iffy in spots.   Area streams, small rivers will start dumping melt off into the mississippi raising the ice away from the banks/busting it up.

Sneak up a few degrees after the sun sets now that the wind is off the land. Going to be lame spring.

Probably.

Though with the Springs of 2010, 2011 (mainly May) and 2012 still fresh in our memories, anything else would seem less than impressive in comparison.

Fog reforming here too. Still have enough snow cover to consider it a solid pack, but it's not going to last too much longer.

Probably end up having some foggy evenings, nights, and mornings with an onshore flow.

Only lost about an inch in depth today, going with an average of 7". Its interesting how every yard is still fully snowcovered to a decent depth yet there is more grass than snow along the main roads (actually many of them are just grass + snowbanks), and grass patches even show up near roads that are less traveled. Despite the dewpoint still being 35F, the snow already has an iced over top and light fog has redeveloped. Thats about as exciting as the weather is getting right now lol

It rained here until rush hour today. A creek near my house overflowed its banks. I've only seen that a few times in my lifetime. Temperatures were in the upper 40's until we shot into the mid 50's during the evening hours.

Tomorrow and Thursday look gorgous before more heavy rain moves in. Most models showing at least 2-3 inches of rain here. Not a good sitatuion with the Ohio River already above floodstage.

Archived