joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pictures Bo! You probably won't see the grass until early April though!  :lol:

Made it to 48° here today. One more mild day before the lake breezes start.

last year, this area had 20"+ on May 2nd but that was last year and a bit of an anomaly but only slightly.  The higher elevations in this area usually have some type of snow cover until early May.

On average, there's still 30-40" of snow yet to come, but this reprieve is simply heaven.

I feel late March is going to be on the cold side and with Superior already opening up, could be a lot of snow yet to come but the light at the end of the tunnel is visible, and for that, I'm happy!

Their record is 107.6".

But even if they fall short, this was still by far their snowiest met. winter on record...

I am the first person to say stuff like that doesnt matter, as total snowfall is just one metric to describe a winter. But we saw the same thing here last winter. It was Detroits snowiest met winter by nearly 15", but with us 2" shy of the record in late March, THATS what the talk was about. Of course a 3.2" mid-April snowfall rendered it all a moot point, but had it not occurred it wouldnt have made the winter any less severe.

The blue sky this morning was quite a sight. It remained clear all day but the melting snow added a haze to the air. We are losing about 2" of depth a day here. Down to 8" or so on the ground (usual rules apply, many higher spots, many lower spots).

Since tomorrows 12z snow depth will be under 10", it will finish a stretch of 36 consecutive days of double digit depth for DTW. Very impressive.

Today finished with a departure of +2F at DTW, the first day above normal since February 8th!!!

4365-800.jpg

2012??? ahhh!  LaCrosse:

THESE TEMPERATURES WOULD SUPPORT MID AND

UPPER 50S NORTH OF INTERSTATE 94 AND FROM THE UPPER 50S /IN AREAS

WHERE THERE IS STILL SNOW COVER/ TO MID 60S ELSEWHERE. THESE

TEMPERATURES ARE SUPPORTED WELL BY SIMILAR 925 MB TEMPERATURES IN

MARCH OF 2012.

not so quick:

LOL ... sounds like a JB like character working there bringing up ultra-historic events for comparisons ... :facepalm:

Heck why not just mention the MJO doing something similar too :whistle::rolleyes:

I'd be shocked if we were done with snow.  Its March still...  NAEFS looks a whole lot colder in the extended..especially east.

It was either last spring or 2013...i was stuck in fog all day...it was like we were the last ones to clear, which i don't think we ever did... i vowed from that day forward i would never be taken by the fog monster again :)

http://riverfestlacrosse.com/centurylink-riverfest-cam/

You guys and girls (are there girls on this website?) can watch me frolick and prance through the park this afternoon ...  College girls will be thick.  I talked to a cop that told me back in the day (90s?), they use to have a code (over their radios) for that sort of thing..there is a main drag that a lot of them jog along...  lots of inattentive driving happen on days like this.  Dirty old man (me) in his stinky old van with a couple of youngsters in the back usually get all the hot babes :) :)

Archived