Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ovweather

You guys down in Kentucky may lose your fresh foot of snow before we lose our 4 inches.

The fresh foot+ is a now a nasty slush melted down to 2 inches in spots to still 8 inches in others. Despite the deep snow pack to start the day temps overachieved by almost 10 degrees. I have never known a snow in March in the lower OV to last more then a few days.

Flooding could become a much bigger issue here in the next 10 days if the models are right. Yikes at those precip totals they are spitting out!

surprised by the apparent lack of ice on most of L MI

attachicon.gifwisgif29.gif

The ice wasn't as thick this year. That's probably the primary reason it opened up so quick - and it's been windy the last couple days.

47° here for the high. Down to about 8" of depth now.

Just checked and saw today was the first day above normal since 02/11!

It did feel so warm yesterday at 41F lol.

We did lose a bit of snow yesterday, but still plenty on the ground. Of course its not as deep as we had last winter, but still. We NEVER had deep, long-lasting snow like this growing up. NEVER. 1999 was was amazing but brief. And whats crazy, or should I say scary, is how USED to the deep snow you get when its there for weeks to months on end. I looked at pics from Jan 2009 and Feb 2011, which were the benchmarks for deep snow since Id gotten into photography (around 2000-ish), and what I thought was so deep at the time was weak compared to the last two winters.

The snow is slowly going to melt each day, and thats fine, its heading towards mid-March. Seasons change. But man oh man if we could do this every year :wub:

Beautiful day.  Might have hit 50F...between obs.  Huge amt of melt today.  We were just north of the cloud line this morning so got lucky with sunshine.  Washed the cars even. 

2yzbcxg.jpg

A+ week coming up.

Dude, after the crappy winter you endured, you deserve it.

today's snow depth map!  

between 40-50" on the ground this morning in my area but with a high of 44 today and 51 tomorrow, the melt is underway, and with 10-14" of liquid in the snow here, the waterfalls and streams should be amazing. still tho, it will take weeks to lose the snow.

here's my fear!  The warm weather and strong winds will break up and sink the thin ice on Lake Superior and when Winter does make a return later in the month, I'm going to get a 2' dumping. :D

today's snow depth map!  

between 40-50" on the ground this morning in my area but with a high of 44 today and 51 tomorrow, the melt is underway, and with 10-14" of liquid in the snow here, the waterfalls and streams should be amazing. still tho, it will take weeks to lose the snow.

here's my fear!  The warm weather and strong winds will break up and sink the thin ice on Lake Superior and when Winter does make a return later in the month, I'm going to get a 2' dumping. :D

attachicon.gifssm_depth.2015030913.0.600.450._13142.4982._12954.5233.dem.shading.giklm.m.1.0.0.1.0.0.png

How the heck are you going to be warmer than us down here tomorrow? Dang lakes, good for nothing on this side of the state. :lol:

Already well into the 30's here, can we crack 50 today? :sun:

Archived