joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday morning will be worth watching, especially in the Ohio Valley.  Surface high looks to coincide very well with areas that receive snow from the upcoming storm.  850 mb airmass isn't exceptional for this time of year but the bottom could drop out anyway.  Could see some record lows being smashed. 

Friday morning will be worth watching, especially in the Ohio Valley.  Surface high looks to coincide very well with areas that receive snow from the upcoming storm.  850 mb airmass isn't exceptional for this time of year but the bottom could drop out anyway.  Could see some record lows being smashed. 

Made it to 34 today after the freezing rain ended.  All of the ice melted off the trees, and the roads and most paved areas all melted off as well.  Snowpack didn't see much of an impact from the storm.  Still about 6" of dense snow, with a frozen crust on top now that it's back below freezing.

EDIT:  50 in the point for next Tue.  Can't wait for that.

Still have a good 10" of snow on the ground here. Thick overcast and a temps barely cracking freezing kept quite a bit of snow on the trees here. Main roads are good, but side roads have iced up pretty good tonight. It's going to take some sun to warm up the pavement enough to totally thaw it out.

• SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 38.

Saturday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

SundayPartly sunny, with a high near 37.

Sunday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

MondayMostly sunny, with a high near 40.

Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 31.

TuesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 48.

• SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 38.
  • Saturday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
  • SundayPartly sunny, with a high near 37.
  • Sunday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
  • MondayMostly sunny, with a high near 40.
  • Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 31.
  • TuesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 48.

I'll be down in Hilton Head Island, SC. Should be in the low 70's.

We have a planned snowmobile trip after that... possibly Wawa Ontario.

Kind of thinking the point of -5 tonight may bust.  Temps are languishing so far, and winds should stay up enough all night to keep the BL mixed up pretty well.  May have trouble making it to or below zero.  Tomorrow night we have a chance to dip below zero before midnight with winds near, or at calm, so we could still eek out a subzero day for tomorrow if tonight fails.

Looks like you could play pond hockey on that glacier. Neat photo.

thanks. I posted a few more pics in the photo thread, but they were cell phone quickie after work as I wasnt going home and have like an hour of light left after work :lol:

Its a must that I try and get some good pics the next few days with a good camera. Ive never seen it look like this before, and who knows when i will see it again. Like smooth glass everywhere covering the deep snow

you probably had less freezing rain? Its a surreal sight. If you get into northern wayne county or south you will definitely notice it.

I guess there is a glaze very little but I mean you really have to look for to see it. Yes we had mostly snow here we had very little freezing rain

I guess there is a glaze very little but I mean you really have to look for to see it. Yes we had mostly snow here we had very little freezing rain

I was happy to skip the freezing rain, we topped out at 33F, for like an hour and then right back below freezing.

Snow looks the best it has looked in weeks.

It's all gone after next week though.

I didn't notice the sheen in Farmington hills. The snow is a little crunchy but not that glassy look. Trust me you cant miss it once you hit the Wayne county line. It will be crazy when the sun shines.

you are probably right about it being all gone, however gfs says not so fast :lmao:

The talk of the town today how it's going to hit 40 next week!! I find myself telling these people don't get too excited.

It's the same thing every year we get that spring tease... Then boom it's back! Michiganders never learn.

That sounds awesome to me. AND neverending winter snow? Sign me up, legit.

Yeah it is awesome and we have amazing summers here with very little in the way of clouds. But I love severe weather and tornadoes and we don't get any of that here until the August time period as Lake Erie kills all convection. You can watch it in a few months as the T-storms pass Detriot and then hit the Lake and completely fizzle out. But I'm hoping to do a few chases this year if they are relatively close. Got a buddy in PA that wants to join me for the ride who is a Met. Maybe I can meet up with some of you guys.

you are probably right about it being all gone, however gfs says not so fast :lmao:

I'm on the fence about this one.... I just want to keep snow north of 46N. I'm headed to Canada to finish the season off March 27th, 28, 29, 30th... I just need the snow to hang on there.

Melt it all off south of the bridge for all I care. Going up to Higgins lake this saturday to rip the lake up though.

I'm on the fence about this one.... I just want to keep snow north of 46N. I'm headed to Canada to finish the season off March 27th, 28, 29, 30th... I just need the snow to hang on there.

Melt it all off south of the bridge for all I care. Going up to Higgins lake this saturday to rip the lake up though.

my moms cousins live in rural Monroe county and they are still snowmobiling. They put almost 1,000 miles on this winter just on their property. Crazy that two winters in a row its like that in Michigans southeasternmost county.

Archived