joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Passed 200" on the season with the last event. (3.1") Highest seasonal snowfall in a place I've lived ever. Had a few 150" seasons but nothing close to this. In other news I am 100% ready for warmth and sun. This cold has really worn me out. It was sunny all day today with quite a bit of melting even though the temps were cold, it felt amazing.

Passed 200" on the season with the last event. (3.1") Highest seasonal snowfall in a place I've lived ever. Had a few 150" seasons but nothing close to this. In other news I am 100% ready for warmth and sun. This cold has really worn me out. It was sunny all day today with quite a bit of melting even though the temps were cold, it felt amazing.

Nice. Not even 60" here in London yet. One decent LES event the whole winter, and even that was nothing too spectacular (I estimated about 11"). NW flow was DOA this winter. Probably in part due to the fact that I moved here. I got mad anti-snow juju.

March doesn't bring me much excitement. Outside of a rare major snow storm or an odd out heat wave in my area. March is normally a crap month at least in recent years from MBY perspective. Actually I didn't like March 2012 heat as it damaged most fruit trees blooms that year.

It was too muddy for golf, don't remember many courses open.

Nice. Not even 60" here in London yet. One decent LES event the whole winter, and even that was nothing too spectacular (I estimated about 11"). NW flow was DOA this winter. Probably in part due to the fact that I moved here. I got mad anti-snow juju.

Sure feels like KW got more LES this winter than London

Are you going to ride out the spring and summer down there? I know it's not your thing, but that city is a thunderstorm magnet. Especially of the severe variety!

Sure feels like KW got more LES this winter than London

Are you going to ride out the spring and summer down there? I know it's not your thing, but that city is a thunderstorm magnet. Especially of the severe variety!

Wouldn't surprise me. Seemed like there were a number of W/WNW events. Although in terms of total snowfall we've got a 10" lead on KW.

I got a sneak preview of some of the severe wx back in September. Couple of flooders. Don't think I'll be here this summer though. 90% chance I'll be working in Toronto. Severe wx's most hated town. :(

Wouldn't surprise me. Seemed like there were a number of W/WNW events. Although in terms of total snowfall we've got a 10" lead on KW.

I got a sneak preview of some of the severe wx back in September. Couple of flooders. Don't think I'll be here this summer though. 90% chance I'll be working in Toronto. Severe wx's most hated town. :(

That my friend would be Buffalo. Lake Eries shadow keeps us clear and sunny from May until Mid August.

That my friend would be Buffalo. Lake Eries shadow keeps us clear and sunny from May until Mid August.

Honestly, it's not much better in Toronto. The SW flow shadow off Erie/Ontario in the warm weather season has a much broader scope than the SW flow mean LES location does in the winter. So we get the worst of both worlds. God love us.

Honestly, it's not much better in Toronto. The SW flow shadow off Erie/Ontario in the warm weather season has a much broader scope than the SW flow mean LES location does in the winter. So we get the worst of both worlds. God love us.

Ontario always does better I thought for severe weather than us. I always see severe thunderstorms that as soon as they hit the Erie shadow fall apart to nothing. It happens every year, so frustrating.

Winds on the GLs with this storm and the other day look like they will keep us from breaking the record.  Regardless what another incredible ice year on the GLs.  Hope we can keep a precip amounts normal to above normal this spring & summer over the GL basin.  It is nice to have the GL levels near to even above normal!! :thumbsup:

Archived