Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs has a 1 inch bullseye over the north ga mountains with this one..wtf

nam/gfs/rap all have over 0.50 liquid for parts of north ga now. Mind you some of this is rain initially but north of 85, away from the lookout eddie of death, a lot of it is mostly snow..especially from the latitude of gainesville north.

Don't post a lot but read a lot and have been for several years. Can someone please explain how all this snow could happen tonight as im sitting here at 45 with a dewpoint of 44? The winds have started to shift out of the east in the past hour but I just don't see the temps dropping that much and that fast for us around here in NEGA to cash in on anything substantial?

gfs has a 1 inch bullseye over the north ga mountains with this one..wtf

nam/gfs/rap all have over 0.50 liquid for parts of north ga now. Mind you some of this is rain initially but north of 85, away from the lookout eddie of death, a lot of it is mostly snow..especially from the latitude of gainesville north.

the temp has been holding steady the last couple of hours after the big drop earlier.  jeesh i need a new hobby lol

Started snowing lightly about 45 minutes ago here in Highlands. It's a wet snow presently, with temperature at 31/26.

Ground covered quickly.

Hoping the inverted trough continues to deliver tonight.

do you live I highlands? That is my second favorite place to go behind St. John vi. You can rack up the snow there.

Archived