joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok bit the bullet here is a map. Man this is a tough week to forecast.

Always love your maps. I take it you aren't buying the Bermuda Snow Triangle, as the models are currently showing? Is that simply the mountains eating up the precip, as we often see?

Given the trajectory of this disturbance, I'd think we'd see less of this effect (as opposed to a clipper/NW flow). 

Still 50.7 here :yikes: I'm thinking anything that falls right when the precip blossoms around midnight to 2am won't have any chance to stick here as temps will most likely be above freezing. Hopefully the pre-dawn to 8am stuff really gets cranking.

Must be coming from NE, the cold that is, I'm at 48.9, down about 2 degrees in last half hour.

Still 50.7 here :yikes: I'm thinking anything that falls right when the precip blossoms around midnight to 2am won't have any chance to stick here as temps will most likely be above freezing. Hopefully the pre-dawn to 8am stuff really gets cranking.

what direction are your winds? The caa up here means business!

what direction are your winds? The caa up here means business!

They've been out of the Southeast or East around 5mph... I guess that's the problem at the moment. Hopefully they switch to the NNE or NE soon and pick up.

Edit: You look to be in an awesome spot,(I'm sure you already know that). I wouldn't be surprised if you got 6 inches from this.

Still 50.7 here :yikes:   I'm thinking anything that falls right when the precip blossoms around midnight to 2am won't have any chance to stick here as temps will most likely be above freezing. Hopefully the pre-dawn to 8am stuff really gets cranking.

I'm worried about temps too. Down to 46 here in Easley but still a long ways to go with full clouds. With temp in the mid 50s the past two days I think pretty much anything that falls melt anyway. I'm afraid we"'ll have a tough time getting below freezing tonight CAA or no. We'll see, hope I'm wrong. BRING IT MA NATURE!

They've been out of the Southeast or East around 5mph... I guess that's the problem at the moment. Hopefully they switch to the NNE or NE soon and pick up.

Edit: You look to be in an awesome spot,(I'm sure you already know that). I wouldn't be surprised if you got 6 inches from this.

lol.. I would like that but would be happy with the 2-4

Archived