joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's been pouring the past hour and a half or so. Was sitting right at 1/4" at 4:30, and just eyeballing it looks like over an inch now. I am going to actually measure once it winds down, but I wouldn't be surprised if we clear 2". 

Pretty nice storm before the storm.

It is STILL snowing here.  A little over 2" when I checked a couple hours ago, but in the last hour I think we've picked up another half inch or so - roads are completely covered where they were just wet before the sun went down. I can't believe it.  Every time I think it has tapered off for good to the small flakes, within 5-10 minutes it has started back with larger flakes at a heavier clip.  What a beautiful little system...even if tomorrow night doesn't perform well here, what with being close to the rain line, this has pretty much satisfied my snow jones for this winter.  I sure can't complain.

Roads are pretty bad here too, 264 going west towards 95 is crusted and thats usually my measuring stick.  Snowed pretty much all day, ~2.5" after compaction.  Mostly light but there were several period this afternoon vis made it down to about a mile.  24hrs ago was not expecting much so this is pretty cool.  Expect travel tomorrow morning to be particularly difficult until the sun starts to make the roads wet, I doubt we make it up to 40 for a high.

Final flurries are winding down. The ice pellets changed back to larger flakes just before dark for about 30 minutes. Will be interesting to see what the snow/water ratio was for today. Temps were in the mid-upper 20's all day. Still holding at 26 IMBY. Road slush is getting crunchy now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived