joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The temps were way higher than forecasted east of the mountains today, and they keep saying that these northeasterly winds are going to drop the temperatures, well its 40F in Raleigh right now.  All the cold air is oozing around the Blue Ridge Mountains north of Atlanta, which is why areas over there are starting to drop.  Unless winds start shifting more northerly around here, I'll expect I'll wake up to a temperature right about where I am now, 45F.  It's happened to many times before.

The temps were way higher than forecasted east of the mountains today, and they keep saying that these northeasterly winds are going to drop the temperatures, well its 40F in Raleigh right now. All the cold air is oozing around the Blue Ridge Mountains north of Atlanta, which is why areas over there are starting to drop. Unless winds start shifting more northerly around here, I'll expect I'll wake up to a temperature right about where I am now, 45F. It's happened to many times before.

Wow, you're going to bust hard. Temps have steadily fallen all day in Florence.

i was thinking the same thing, but the temp here has really plunged.  from 58 mid afternoon and its currently 38.5 lol  bring it on!

yes, yes it did lol.  about a 20 degree drop in 4 hours or so

once it started dropping it really dropped - finally in the upper 30s here. hopefully the cold air is working itself in :)

You got a lot colder uh? I'll be damned...i heard you might :whistle:

I always envy you because you get colder so much easier/quicker  than here. Still 45 here.

btw you will be happy with the latest rap..0.50 up your way

RAP_255_2015022323_F18_PCPIN_18_HR.png

Sitting at 38 ATTM. I am hoping all my friends in the Alabama, Georgia and SC get A LOT MORE SNOW (which is very possible) than shown and ever dreamed of. You all are LOOONG OVERDUE!! The law of averages has to bend in your favor sooner of later. This seems to be that kind of winter. If I do not get a dang thing, I WILL be SO HAPPY for you guys and gals!! 

I am curious to see exactly where the precipitation sets back up/back building. I am also seeing a setup for a comma head to develop in the Carolina's for the Wednesday/Thursday storm. I cannot help but think that tomorrow and the Weds/Thurs storm are connected somehow?? Whomever is under that, they will be sitting pretty with a few hours of HEAVY SNOW!! WHOO HOO!!! i keep seeing some trends for the CLT area to get DRYSLOTTED. It is subtle right now, but something to watch. I am prepping to see some areas lower down south to make out pretty well with some decent snow. Good luck all!!!

Jason

Sitting at 38 ATTM. I am hoping all my friends in the Alabama, Georgia and SC get A LOT MORE SNOW (which is very possible) than shown and ever dreamed of. You all are LOOONG OVERDUE!! The law of averages has to bend in your favor sooner of later. This seems to be that kind of winter. If I do not get a dang thing, I WILL be SO HAPPY for you guys and gals!! 

I am curious to see exactly where the precipitation sets back up/back building. I am also seeing a setup for a comma head to develop in the Carolina's. Whomever is under that, they will be sitting pretty with a few hours of HEAVY SNOW!! WHOO HOO!!! i keep seeing some trends for the CLT area to get DRYSLOTTED. It is subtle right now, but something to watch. I am prepping to see some areas lower down south to make out pretty well with some decent snow. Good luck all!!!

Jason

In SC those seem to happen somewhere on a line between Greenwood and Gaffney. That is usually the best area.

This system seems to be falling apart as it moves east? What do you guys think?

From GSP

AN INVERTED SFC TROF

IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ALONG AND WEST OF THE SAVANNAH RIVER VALLEY.

THE COMBINATION OF LLVL CONVERGENCE...UPSLOPE FLOW...AND MID/UPPER

FORCING SHOULD SUPPORT AN EXPANDING AREA OF PRECIP LATE TONIGHT

ACROSS THE MTNS AND UPPER SAVANNAH RIVER VALLEY. DURING THE PRE DAWN

HOURS...HIGH PRESSURE RIDGING WILL RAPIDLY INCREASE ACROSS THE

CENTRAL CAROLINAS...RESULTING IN COLD AIR DAMMING. THIS PATTERN WILL

SUPPORT CAA ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA THROUGH SUNRISE. THERMAL

PROFILES INDICATES THAT THE PRECIP WILL FALL PRIMARILY AS SNOW.

Archived