• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

Well nothing for Spartanburg lol. I wonder how Greer fairs, with half the city being in spartanburg county and the other in greenville county under an advisory. I feel it will still snow here in Sparkle City and the WWA will be moved eastward a couple counties last min as its happening as GSP always seems to do.

I think the WAA is for northern Greenville County, not even the entire county. 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps are falling.  We hit 44 and now we are back down to 40.6.

FFC included up to .1" ice.  I hope we don't get that part.  I'll happily take everything else on the menu though. :)

Wow and in the last 12 minutes, we are down to 39.1 deg.

Wish that would happen here. We are still sitting at 55.8 with dp of 36

It's crazy.  What made me go look was the wind chimes in the back yard going nuts.  Winds gusting from NNW to 25mph.  Temp now 38.5 and still falling quickly.

I love weather. :D

It's crazy.  What made me go look was the wind chimes in the back yard going nuts.  Winds gusting from NNW to 25mph.  Temp now 38.5 and still falling quickly.

I love weather. :D

That's great, as long as you're in the mid to upper 30's you should have no trouble seeing some flakes tonight.  We, on the otherhand, hit almost 60 degrees ! :yikes:   Models along with FFC pretty confident that temps will drop pretty rapidly here over the next 6 hours or so, but still nervous about temps.

- Buck

yep definite northwest wind putting a halt to the temperatures around north Georgia this afternoon.  Even starting to head back down it seems.  One question I have - the radar does look great out to the west - however I have not heard or seen any report of snow out that way this afternoon.  Is anything hitting the ground in Mississippi? 

It might be more than we get with the other event.  That one is going to come on top of temps near 50!!

LOL...I don't see 50F on Wed, but we will see.  Yes, not sold on this north trend, this could easily, very easily tick SE a little and we be looking .2-.3" of QPF in a marginal airmass...zzzzzzz

4km NAM is a Cold Rain special...

post-2311-0-55501100-1424725227_thumb.pn

It might be more than we get with the other event.  That one is going to come on top of temps near 50!!

Only talking about ground temps -- we will have lows in the low 20s tonight, mid 30s tomorrow, mid 20s Tuesday night, then 48 for Wednesday; before the cold air rushes in with the system. So at least ground temps should be nice and cool.   

Edit: I'm in the wrong thread....

LOL...I don't see 50F on Wed, but we will see.  Yes, not sold on this north trend, this could easily, very easily tick SE a little and we be looking .2-.3" of QPF in a marginal airmass...zzzzzzz

4km NAM is a Cold Rain special...

I'm going to cash out now.  I said in the other thread...if we are lucky enough to get a couple inches of snow to lay on the ground, that should help with the Wednesday temps.  Nam is probably overdone here.

Only talking about ground temps -- we will have lows in the low 20s tonight, mid 30s tomorrow, mid 20s Tuesday night, then 48 for Wednesday; before the cold air rushes in with the system. So at least ground temps should be nice and cool.   

Yeah, it should stick pretty good.  I hate blazing ground temps.  I hope we can somehow manage to get clouds in early in the day to minimize insolation.

I'm going to cash out now.  I said in the other thread...if we are lucky enough to get a couple inches of snow to lay on the ground, that should help with the Wednesday temps.  Nam is probably overdone here.

Yeah, RGEM ain't buying.  Typical NAM...

Edit:  RGEM looks to have around .1", which is consistent with other modeling.

yep definite northwest wind putting a halt to the temperatures around north Georgia this afternoon.  Even starting to head back down it seems.  One question I have - the radar does look great out to the west - however I have not heard or seen any report of snow out that way this afternoon.  Is anything hitting the ground in Mississippi? 

Spann retweeted a picture from Washington County, MS showing sleet accumulation. Something is definitely hitting the ground out there.

EDIT: new tweets from viewers indicate snow/sleet in Hamilton, AL and sleet in Jasper, AL to the NW of BHM.

Archived