joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RGEM is the cream of the crop short range, or put it this way it wears/ owns the title belt currently.

I posted  a radar loop earlier today pointing out how much more legs this item has than what models where showing, And 12 hours latter all I can say is wow, this is gonna end up a way juicer system than any of us or the models thought imo. just need to get the cold back in place. Check out the radar

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-radar

The RGEM is the cream of the crop short range, or put it this way it wears/ owns the title belt currently.

I posted a radar loop earlier today pointing out how much more legs this item has than what models where showing, And 12 hours latter all I can say is wow, this is gonna end up a way juicer system than any of us or the models thought imo. just need to get the cold back in place. Check out the radar

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-radar

It's impressive. WeatherNC says if Dallas scores with these, so do we.

That's what I was thinking, but it looks like winds from 900mb down are out of the East or Northeast.

The 850mb winds do something weird though if you look at that maps. They are strong out of the south over North Ga during the best precip, but there's a relative lull over the upstate where the 850mb winds are more out of the west. This might be where the downsloping is coming into play..(between 850mb and 900mb layers)

I think the only we we don't get downslopped (thus dryslotted) is if the moisture is moving from the SW. If it moves from the West or centainly from the NW we're in trouble.

I think the only we we don't get downslopped (thus dryslotted) is if the moisture is moving from the SW. If it moves from the West or centainly from the NW we're in trouble.

Looks to be coming from west, maybe slightly WSW . It's definately intriguing , if we could get an inch or two, I would be ecstatic, cause I'm sure there are atleast 25 ways we get screwed for Thursday, but, if we get that inch and then the Thursday storm comes to fruition, the Tuesday event should keep it even colder for the Thursday storm!

Man, I got my 1-2 inches of sleet, score 2" from Tuesday upcoming, then 6-8 from Thursday , I got my 12" inch season, that I predicted early in the winter forecast thread! It's in there somewhere!

Sitting on 54 right now...hard to imagine any of this happening. If we can score 2" Tues and then another 8" Thurs...that would be one of all-time weather miracles in the upstate!

Sitting on 54 right now...hard to imagine any of this happening. If we can score 2" Tues and then another 8" Thurs...that would be one of all-time weather miracles in the upstate!

Well its definitely possible, but probably not likely. Today has been a torch of sorts considering the entire past week, and we cool back down tomorrow (but not to where we were). If we happen to get something Tuesday, I think the only way it would help for Thursday is if it is still on the ground for Thursday, which might help keep surface temps down for whatever precip fell. If it just melted right away, I don't think it would matter much one way or the other; UNLESS it affects the upper air pattern in such as way that better sets up a Thursday storm. That too is possible. Perhaps a Tuesday system could help pull down more cold air for a Thursday system or certainly affect the placement of a cold High or the southern Low. Will definitely be interesting to watch unfold...

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to get excited about this one. Seems like every NAM run it gets wetter. I really hope temps cooperate cause that's my only concern right now. 

Would like to see the GFS get on board here in a few minutes. 

i am starting to as well.  its looking pretty good for some frozen stuff in n ga tues.  the 0z nam has some cold temps getting in here

Archived