joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming down pretty good in Clemson right now.  I've been checking out their webcams for the last couple hours.  Still tiny flurries here.  Lot's of dry air right now.

Some enhancement starting to show up in line from southern Greenville down towards Columbia.  Actually looks pretty impressive.  Wonder what kind of rates are occurring under that.

Coming down pretty good in Clemson right now. I've been checking out their webcams for the last couple hours. Still tiny flurries here. Lot's of dry air right now.

Some enhancement starting to show up in line from southern Greenville down towards Columbia. Actually looks pretty impressive. Wonder what kind of rates are occurring under that.

Still dry here, not one flake yet!? Looks like it has to any minute

right on cue.

It's painful sitting here 10 degrees warmer than everywhere else. Still 42 here. Winds have finally come out of the east though so the cold should still be on it's way but it seems like pulling fingernails waiting for it with an active radar and reports of frozen stuff all around. Based on upstream readings and model depictions, expect a cool down/changeover here still by 4am.

One word of caution though for areas to the west. the models, in particular the rap is holding onto a very stubborn warm layer from the surface up to around 900mb along and west of athens toward the atlanta area through the night. This is the left over from the lookout eddie of death that's been keeping temps up here.  Taken at face value this would spell rain until sunrise for many from atlanta to athens to maybe even gainesville. however it's interesting seeing reports of sleet and/or snow making it to the surface north of atlanta so maybe the rap is a bit over done with it. But it's something to keep an eye on.

that is a bummer :( i grew up in athens...didnt know about the eddie then but it was very painful.

31 and all snow now, its really coming down.  the ground is already white :snowing:

WOW...I actually THINK that the FIRST PHASE (Part # 1) of this Storm System is coming together!!! We are under a WWA FINALLY!! Lets see if anymore UL's spark up or comma heads. You never know. I saw this back in the early 2000's...A THING OF BEAUTY (including THUNDERSNOW!!) 

GAME ON FOLKS!!!!!

that is a bummer :( i grew up in athens...didnt know about the eddie then but it was very painful.

31 and all snow now, its really coming down.  the ground is already white :snowing:

yay!!   :snowing:

Snow is really staring to come down, not sticking to the grass, but the porch is getting lightly covered.

Good to hear. I'm still struggling to change over. Snow and sleet when the precip is heavy and then it flips back to a little of everything once it lightens up. Deck is pretty slick. Got some good returns coming in so hopefully I can get all snow. 

Archived