Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

39/13 imby as I wait for the rain 

:(

I didn't make it by much as just a few tens of miles south of here it's in the 40s. So I'm not sure how long it will last but I don't care as I just wanted the victory over the models. :lol:

I argued for days they were not doing a good job recognizing the dry air but when the models started coming in so much further north and warmer,  I was starting to doubt myself. I would have been happy with 32.1 as that is still way colder than the models were showing but actually getting below freezing and seeing freezing rain, even if it ends up just being for a little while, it makes it a lot nicer.

Glad you're getting in on the action. It's been a while since we've got to track a decent CAD event that included wintery weather. Maybe we can have a few more chances to do the same thing over the next 2 weeks.

Thanks. Not sure how significant it will be though since it's so marginal with a lot warmer air lurking just to the south   but Yeah it has been a long while, although in some  ways this was not your typical damming situation but it's been fun watching one evolve. Seems like it's been forever.  I sure hope those who miss out this time get nailed later this week. Of course considering how this year has gone,  it probably will end up a thousand miles away :arrowhead:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DP all the way up to 15 from -1 in the last 90 minutes. Temp down to 29 with nothing falling. This is starting to have bust all over it for CLT, which reduces the excitement, but hopefully will create much less damage/injuries/etc.

Expecting about .2 ZR ending as plain rain, at this point. Just 2 days ago, what's training on Roanoke (congrats!) was over Concord. SMDH *1000.

Hi guys I just joined this site to tell yall ice is starting form on the trees and my deck in Anderson SC. The temperature  is 31 degrees depoint 22. Wind is blowing NE. I live south of the 85 corridor where they was calling for cold rain!  Maybe it will get bad here to? Thoughts?

You posts are like thorns lol All i have is a slight dusting. 

Haha, I'm trying to limit my excitement by only posting an update every hour or so. It's difficult, but I'm holding to it so far. If I get into a crazy band later, all bets are off! 

Glad to see some folks getting surprises though.

Haha, I'm trying to limit my excitement by only posting an update every hour or so. It's difficult, but I'm holding to it so far. If I get into a crazy band later, all bets are off! 

Glad to see some folks getting surprises though.

I just got my surprise. All sleet now. Warm nose really over preforming. Thats crazy now much snow yall got, might drive up that way. 

:(

I didn't make it by much as just a few tens of miles south of here it's in the 40s. So I'm not sure how long it will last but I don't care as I just wanted the victory over the models. :lol:

I argued for days they were not doing a good job recognizing the dry air but when the models started coming in so much further north and warmer,  I was starting to doubt myself and my ability. I would have been happy with 32.1 as that is still way colder than the models were showing but actually getting below freezing and seeing freezing rain, even if it ends up just being for a little while, it makes it a lot nicer.

That's all I was wishing for, but as usual, it doesn't work out here between the portals. I can't complain.....I had a flizzard three times on Nov 1st, so at least I did get to witness something frozen falling from the sky....lol.  Hopefully I'll have better luck next year, but I won't hold my breath   :P  

Congrats to everyone in the SE enjoying the frozen show  :hug:  

Archived