joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta give time for your temperature to wetbulb... latest HRRR now shows subfreezing temperatures should get entrenched in Pickens and northern Greenville County for the duration of the event. With 0.75-1" of liquid precip forecast, this could turn into a devastating ice storm. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_ncep_2mtemp_flt.php

weMFi4n.png

Thanks for that. I was actually gone to buy a thermometer when you replied to this. Right now it is flip flopping back and forth from 32/33. Nothing falling from the sky at the moment. BTW, how do you guys all get your DP measurements?  I did not see any gizmos in the store that measure that, only RH and barometer on a couple of the fancy ones.

Had a long break in precip and managed to get back to 34 but temp is back to 33.5 and the dewpoint has actually gone back down to 25 so if steady precip gets here, looks like some icing will occur. in fact, looking at wetbulbs currently, most areas from the northeast burbs of atlanta and up the 85 corridor should see some. Gainesville is even down to 28.9 over 24. They could be in a for a very long night along with the upstate.

Noticed that too - it's filling in nicely. Light freezing rain in Easley, railings and everything elevated getting slick. The ice storm starteth!

Freezing drizzle at 30.5 in Dacusville. Not what I wanted to see. :(

My wet bulb is 27.5 and if hits the 20's when that heavier band moves in, it's probably lights out for Pickens county.

Archived