• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

Uh oh, down to 32.1 here in Dunwoody, GA, the coldest yet, with steady rain. So, it has yet to bottom and appears about to go to ZR for the first time! It typically will start accreting on trees and bushes right at 32.0 with light steady rain.     

Sitting at 33.6 here at MGE next to Dobbins....  It's close, much closer than I thought...Tonight could be bad with flash freezing of left over moisture on the roads.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap!! At the radar! It's like a firehose! From Alabama - mby ! In house radar has med -heavy freezing rain through 2am!!!

Fox met just said" I'm not calling for an ice storm, but it could happen" LOL! Good call

Also mentioned .25 zrn is as bad as 2005 ice storm!? We have to have more than this, just based on radar

******, that is surprising. Didn't see that happening with so much waa aloft.

Have moderate freezing rain right now. Temp 30.7.

Total surprise here.  We had just a little bit of sleet to start then steady freezing rain and now all sleet.  And flakes mixing in.  Yep..flakes.  Temp is 27.3 and dropping...again.

Holy crap!! At the radar! It's like a firehose! From Alabama - mby ! In house radar has med -heavy freezing rain through 2am!!!

Fox met just said" I'm not calling for an ice storm, but it could happen" LOL! Good call

Also mentioned .25 zrn is as bad as 2005 ice storm!? We have to have more than this, just based on radar

not calling for a ice storm? Seriously! What are they smoking??

damn, that is surprising. Didn't see that happening with so much waa aloft.

Have moderate freezing rain right now. Temp 30.7.[/quote

Sleet in north forysth!

Given how warm the mid levels are and how much waa there is,  it really is surprising to hear of sleet being reported that far south.

i have a good coating of glaze now on everything. Temp is fluctuating between 30.4 and 30.7 so..which is probably where i'll bottom out

aw hell, its sleeting hard in Jamestown NC now. No mix, all pingers

"and you know I'm all about them flakes bout them flakes, no pingers"

Here is what the RAP has as our Skew-T.  Odd.  Rates are awful here right now, anyways.

2mngmmu.gif

For mets, etc., is the RAP just underinitializing the warm nose, or is something else going on?

wow the sleet is just dumping right now - no frz rain, all sleet. deck and ground turning white :popcorn:

i know it happens (it just did lol) but i am used to seeing snow to sleet to freezing rain (and rain ugh) but dont recall going frz rain to sleet all that often

Exactly here...thought it was over once the rain started but boy was I wrong!

I was looking at that. You are gonna get hammered it appears!         32/27 Mod Rain GreenWood, Sc

Archived