joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's interesting to note is that the GFS at 18z for today is too far east and 12mb too weak with the storm just east of Nova Scotia. Wonder if the same thing will be true for our potential Blizzard, but this time too far east from Cape Cod.

Kev,  I think the feature least talked about but with the best % chance of causing you to get buried,  will most likely be the INV trough feature. I think there is a better shot given guidance that you over-perform from that, and not from the CCB or some TROWEL feature extending wayyyy back. But i'm just a weenie.

INV troughs as you know are impossible to predict or forecast..so the people saying they know it's going to set up over LI or wherever are pulling stuff from azzes. I believe if Ct is going to do well it's from a  couple massive mesobands or deformation bands as the low explodes as it comes off of south Jersey and they just sit overhead for hours. I'm not counting on the CCB making it back to CT unless the GFS is right which it's probably not. if we don't get any of the mesobanding..then it's a lot of 6-8 inch amounts east of 91 and 3-5 west of there

That is an ugly (and weird looking) dryslot on the NAM over SNE around 09z Sunday...it fills back in, but that is bizarre...esp given that it is north of the ML centers.

At least the 18z run trended stronger with the upper levels from 12z. Just has things pushed off further east.

No there's actually not. Your posts always seem to somehow find a way for NE Mass to get the most snow. It never fails. Today's another example. What reason can you give for west of BOS too be negative?

Well what reason can I give? People have been posting literally all day with reasons why so I'm not gonna waste time listing them. For the record I think you see 5-10"

have you seen rgem, nam, gfs, euro? Ne ma is clearly the #1 spot but okay. If you ignore all guidance maybe west of bos would be more impressive. It really doesn't matter if bos or ne ma jackpots because I can be in either location so your point doesn't matter if you think I'm favoriting andover.

At least the 18z run trended stronger with the upper levels from 12z. Just has things pushed off further east.

Yeah the ULL was stronger...we had better downstream ridging too...but the NAM focused on the eastern region of WAA at 850mb instead of further west.

Noone here is taking objective guidance with this one.You just can't. Well "you" can..but most of us are not

I said last night I would wait until the 00z models and then would stop looking at globals. It's too weird. Bring on the event, and I'll track it from there. And we will see what sort of craziness happens, for which there will be no shortage.

Wow, 18Z NAM gets this down to 960mb in the Gulf of Maine.  Regardless of how much snow falls this thing has got to produce some really strong winds.  With so much snow on the ground it will be very hard to measure so.  Differences between 5" and 9" will be hard to even note by Joe public.  It will look and feel (with the super cold temperatures) like a blizzard.

Archived