• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

The egg the RGEM just laid really broke my confidence. Still think there will be meso stuff not being modeled, but you can't base a call on amounts on that.

I think the precipitation character could end up being more showery for you after awhile under that upper level low. Who knows you might pull off some thunder though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's interesting to note is that the GFS at 18z for today is too far east and 12mb too weak with the storm just east of Nova Scotia. Wonder if the same thing will be true for our potential Blizzard, but this time too far east from Cape Cod.

Wouldn't shock me ... I can think of a synoptic reason that combined with GFS oper. model bias could certainly lead to that outcome. 

The GFS has a progressivity bias.  Hard to know when it will rear its head, or what set ups lend to it doing so more than others, but in this situation ... it seems with so much raw mechanical power settling into 40/80 (lat/lon) some kind of transient west Atlantic height bulge should super-impose of that region.  That's not always true, ...of course, but something to look for.  

The exciting thing about this storm: pretty awesome ULL and midlevel potentials? Wind. Cold. Potentially great snowfall amounts (if we remember that in most years 6-12, or, 8-15 is pretty darn good). If the GFS has smelled it out right we are all in for a pretty decent event. Hardly time to start crying

You're making some purely idiotic comments. Jesus, if your that jealous, take a drive.....dunno what to tell you.

Jesus, if you want more snow after the 70" you guys had in 2 weeks, and half of you have your hearts disappointed. No one said I was jealous, lol this is kind of payback for you guys. When we where having KU events back in 09-11". This is just a congrats. One of these years it will be the opposite. Expect that climo favors. Either way, I'm done posting in storm threads. I get attacked very easily.

Something very strange is going on here.

somethings happening here. What it is aint exactly clear. There's a model with a ton over there. Telling me i got to beware. I think it's time we stop weenies, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down.

Archived