joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow NWS keeping 6-10 / 8-10 amounts for Northeast RI.  Not believing the GFS?  

Consider it this way, you are to this storm what NYC was to the January blizzard.

Only instead of the Euro being your stalwart champion, you have the Global Forecast System.

Let us think on this.

I think this could be the first event you over analyze the situation.

I have barely looked at it, not buying the extreme predictions or solutions and never have. It's a windy 4-8ish, but otherwise meh. Everyone is looking for reasons to make lemonade when we got a meteorological pile of lemons despite a death ULL.

Models are dry because winds are honking NW 600 miles off the coast

18z RGEM is pretty far east...only really grazes E MA with the CCB.

That's probably not a meaningless shift either given the RGEM is getting more into its better range. That gives less credence to the bigger solutions.

I think this becomes a ME event. Not complaining, but we just don't have a lot of room for error in SNE with this setup. I bet we average around a half foot.

The 18z 4km NAM actually looks like the BOX map S of the NH border.

ptot54.gif

Map perfectly illustrates the point....if the bzone wasn't pushed to Bermuda there would be tons more moisture to the NW of where the convection finally does fire. You can see how the lack of thag moisture never gets to curve up over us so we rely on a "ccb" which still doesn't amp up in time.

Dead cat bounce on this one, it's falling away in a fashion similar to last nights threat as it gets close. Still a nice storm but blizzard? Lol

Map perfectly illustrates the point....if the bzone wasn't pushed to Bermuda there would be tons more moisture to the NW of where the convection finally does fire. You can see how the lack of thag moisture never gets to curve up over us so we rely on a "ccb" which still doesn't amp up in time.

Dead cat bounce on this one, it's falling away in a fashion similar to last nights threat as it gets close. Still a nice storm but blizzard? Lol

You'll verify a Blizzard there.  I'm certainly not banking on any CCB love here.  Maybe some wrap-around but my focus is on the WAA portion down this way.  May see upwards of 6" in some areas just from that.

Yeah that was unexpected..Well we're going to have to rely on mesoscale banding now for amounts greater than 6 inches anywhere

I don't think it was unexpected if you paid attention to some of the caution flags that models and knowledgeable posters were throwing out instead of blindly hugging the snowiest solution and tossing all models but the GFS.

I don't think it was unexpected if you paid attention to some of the caution flags that models and knowledgeable posters were throwing out instead of blindly hugging the snowiest solution and tossing all models but the GFS.

Noone was expecting advisory amounts nearly into Boston..You are as surprised as everyone else is

Archived