joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That map is still a 6-8 snowfall for Boston, which I don't think was an unreasonable lower bound. I wasn't really expecting this, but I'm not entirely surprised by it either.

That's lucky to get 6 inches in Boston if that's right. Not saying it's right..but if it is..cancel all warnings and go to snow advisories in most of SNE..we'll see how your GFS does shortly

Map perfectly illustrates the point....if the bzone wasn't pushed to Bermuda there would be tons more moisture to the NW of where the convection finally does fire. You can see how the lack of thag moisture never gets to curve up over us so we rely on a "ccb" which still doesn't amp up in time.

Dead cat bounce on this one, it's falling away in a fashion similar to last nights threat as it gets close. Still a nice storm but blizzard? Lol

Today's whifff really mitigated this one.

I find it hard to believe that from here up to ORH to 128 it's only a 2-4 inch storm..but maybe we've all gotten excited for nothing

i'm still standing tall with my prediction of 4-7 inches for you. While the dynamics are impressive, there's only so much moisture to go around with the system.

Well, if no snow falls, can you still have a blizzard warning? Just asking f, not sure. If existing snow is blowing in high winds with white-out conditions, does that fit?

I think that would be a blowing snow warning, not sure though. You see blizzard warnings out in the plains and northern tier all the time for like 2-4/3-6 but with crazy winds, that's more what I was referring to in this situation.

i'm still standing tall with my prediction of 4-7 inches for you. While the dynamics are impressive, there's only so much moisture to go around with the system.

The egg the RGEM just laid really broke my confidence. Still think there will be meso stuff not being modeled, but you can't base a call on amounts on that.

Archived