• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

Thats fine...eventually it will end. However, there is nothing in the near future that suggests the pattern is changing. Will it snow every 3/4 days? No. But that doesnt mean the pattern changed, just Boston's luck.

It's so stupid... He may very well be right but that's quite the brute force method there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so stupid... He may very well be right but that's quite the brute force method there.

He should of been real and said, "There doesnt seem to be any end in sight, the overall pattern continues, but that doesn't mean it's going to snow as much as it has. Eventually our luck or bad-luck, however you look at snow, will run out."

He should of been real and said, "There doesnt seem to be any end in sight, the overall pattern continues, but that doesn't mean it's going to snow as much as it has. Eventually our luck or bad-luck, however you look at snow, will run out."

I like Pete, I think he's actually a good met. Sometimes he gets carried away with the "I said it so it's true" attitude in the mid to long range, but he's great with local climo and meso issues.

Well I said gfs not hires...compare the 66 vs 72 see the difference?

For those hugging the snowiest solution while pounding their pumpkins to the mid levels.... I said beginning as in first step to eventually ending up like a turtle on its back.

Maine will be fine, but this will end up being a .4 to .7 or so qpf deal in eastern MA.

I'll assume that by morning you will have NW MA

seeing no more than wind blown flurries. If it goes that way so be it.

Holy crap that would be epic here.

Do you buy it bob, you buying tickets to the GFS show?

I was wondering if this system dropping down from Canada is larger than the average "Short wave" and if so .....do larger system's usually take a bit more time to "get going and rapidly intensify". I know this may hold Zero bearing, but we all know large tropical systems (everything else being equal) will take much longer to undergo Rapid Intensification than a Very small tropical system, and I wonder if this big boy just doesn't have the time given it's size and the progressive nature to really bomb the mid levels and maybe the GFS isn't taking that into account, just a "dart throw" really but just a general question on the size of this shortwave and if that is bit of a negative in hoping it will bomb as fast as a smaller sized system could?

Do you buy it bob, you buying tickets to the GFS show?

I was wondering if this system dropping down from Canada is larger than the average "Short wave" and if so .....do larger system's usually take a bit more time to "get going and rapidly intensify". I know this may hold Zero bearing, but we all know large tropical systems (everything else being equal) will take much longer to undergo Rapid Intensification than a Very small tropical system, and I wonder if this big boy just doesn't have the time given it's size and the progressive nature to really bomb the mid levels and maybe the GFS isn't taking that into account, just a "dart throw" really but just a general question on the size of this shortwave and if that is bit of a negative in hoping it will bomb as fast as a smaller sized system could?

No, I do not. It's on an island right now. Sure we have an extremely anomalous system but we also have one that is going to have a difficult time wrapping enough moisture back into the Boston metro area. I think the upper level of qpf that will make it into the area is around 1" along the coast, with 1/2" back to to central areas. There will be also ribbon of heavier snows from the initial s/w diving out of Canada. I'm actually intrigued by this element right now down in SE MA. We may see a good portion of our projected totals come from this initial wave. I'm comfortable with how BOX has laid it all out. Snow is just on piece of this storm. The other 2 are the cold and wind which will make this a potent storm. The blizzard warnings are warranted imo.

I'd certainly love to see the GFS verify as that would be an awesome combo of snow and wind. We'll soon see if the GFS is otl.

One of my favorite videos... Cracks me up every freakin time haha

He told me many years ago that it was not about his D size but that Before that shoot, the producer guy (maybe new or sitting in for the real one) kept getting the size of the green screen wrong to fit him correctly.  So they were joking about his size.  THEN when they went on air he made that joke To the producer about his size.  But it came off wrong hahaha.  

The PROOF of this story is when he squats for a second, as if to make sure he fits in the screen.  

Archived