joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest you look again.. the 18z nam had nothing close to 1" over NE MA it does on this run

Who cares about the 18z nam? It didn't come towards the Gfs, the gfs will fold in an hour.

It isn't much different than the rgem. Ccb Knicks NE ma, misses most everyone below that.

This was the most likely outcome for days. it tucks very briefly and is gone

Not trying to be a wise guy, but why does it matter? I can't really follow..I get 5H, and I think I get the heights, and I know what an ULL is, but I can't connect the dots

Oh, I mean i'm just making a point.  There hasn't been a closed 5H low with 500DM heights pass S of BID, that is all , seriously. I'm pretty sure people have looked , that doesn't mean there will be an epic storm, I am just sort of clarifying for the record, lol.

Clinch, the NAM is much more robust with the moisture inflow than the 18z run. H5 low is robust creating an environment favorable for bombogenesis. Cape Cod will do very well with the moisture source southeast of the region. It will wrap around the surface low and hit the Eastern MA shoreline. Hurricane force winds will wrap around that moisture.

In some of these later setups there's good oE type potential

Overall yes. Despite the dry slot much better wrap around and a bump up in QPF, especially in the east. I think you guys made the right call by not changing your maps and waiting for more data. Let's see what happens from here.

their maps seem pretty good, I Like NWS maps a lot. They have a good grasp on this.

I remember a storm in 05 or 06, I want to say it was in January. Had an incredibly deep low, bomb out, want to say it was in the 940s at the surface. That storm have me the most incredible snow rates I had ever seen. I was in a death band in Georgetown mass at the time. I remember posting in here. Got 10.5 inches between 1 pm and 3 pm. forecasts were only 6-10", ended up with 17" because of that two hour ripping. I think a similar thing can play out here, models don't always cauch those death bands with such a rapidly depending system.

Nam is just awesome from Portsmouth to bar harbor.

That's what this storm will do, the rest of us in eastern areas are looking at .4 to maybe .7 with some enhancement.

Tauntons numbers are good with ratios. I just don't see the nam as being groundbreaking its latched on to the pummeling of coastal northern new England which was what we knew all along. Now the gfs shifts east some and we have consensus pretty much for a moderate qpf event in eastern SNE, light to moderate away from eastern zones working down.

Clinch and James are going to see near hurricane force gusts. That alone with new snow OTG takes this as far away from pedestrian as I can imagine unless Clinch is saying pedestrian by snow totals in comparison to previous Blizzards.

NOAA has a good handle on totals here. I just felt there was this undercurrent of it about to drop 1-2" qpf here and it's not, not going to happen. Ne coastal Ma into Maine yep

Nam is just awesome from Portsmouth to bar harbor.

That's what this storm will do, the rest of us in eastern areas are looking at .4 to maybe .7 with some enhancement.

Tauntons numbers are good with ratios. I just don't see the nam as being groundbreaking its latched on to the pummeling of coastal northern new England which was what we knew all along. Now the gfs shifts east some and we have consensus pretty much for a moderate qpf event in eastern SNE, light to moderate away from eastern zones working down.

sounds good did anyone say anything different? NE MA, SENH was looking good on the NAM..

Archived