joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't use the same end point on the time though..18z Sunday vs 0z Monday. 

Nothing falls after 18z...so it doesn't matter. Not for SNE anyway. Something like 0.2mm fall over E MA after 18z which is an order of magnitude less than those maps...it wouldn't change the colors at all.

The dual Low on the CMC really looks funky. Usually with such a deep low and all that energy it wraps up pretty tight. I'm not buying that disbursed mess. I think we see a much better precip shield that what the CMC depicts and a solid wrap effect. No science behind it, just a hunch and typically how these deep storms have panned out in my experience here in EMA.

Seeing the NAM and RGEM come significantly west makes me think that if the GFS holds, you have to at least give it some weight considering we're coming very close to go time and all guidance so far tonight has trended towards it.

Yea, we give the gfs weight but I think it will tick east and move to more of a compromise. Just a hunch. If it holds steady then I'll get excited.

Nothing falls after 18z...so it doesn't matter. Not for SNE anyway. Something like 0.2mm fall over E MA after 18z which is an order of magnitude less than those maps...it wouldn't change the colors at all.

But it would have changed the colors on the 18z panel as it extended precip beyond 18z Sunday on both the 12 and 18z runs.  So it's not quite an apples to apples comparison.  Vs the 12z this run drops more early, but the earlier CMC stuff extended well into Sunday afternoon/evening which wouldn't have been capture on those charts.

But it would have changed the colors on the 18z panel as it extended precip beyond 18z Sunday on both the 12 and 18z runs.  So it's not quite an apples to apples comparison.  Vs the 12z this run drops more early, but the earlier CMC stuff extended well into Sunday afternoon/evening which wouldn't have been capture on those charts.

I posted the precip above between 18z sunday and 0z monday on the 18z run, it's essentially nothing for anyone except far northern NH and ME(Less than 0.02" QPF which wouldn't change any of the colors on those maps at that range).

No it wouldn't have...0.2mm won't change color shading that is every 5mm or so...unless it was right on the line...you aren't changing ORH from 0.2 inches of QPF to 0.50" of QPF because we were missing post-18z when barely any measurable falls....00z RGEM was just a lot wetter.

Archived