Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41048

240 west of Bermuda, east of the Gulf Stream NW at 20 with a 44 degree dewpoint at 8pm.

Not exactly a potent source region of low level moisture tonight.

Meh, good thing it's not forming tonight or that far south. Low comes off Jersey shore at 38 N?  Tomm evening, I just don't see initial conditions as dry as I thought . Maybe i'm off?

Oh yeah...I can see it at 42hr with my magnifying glass.

Are those historical H5 stats based off of NARR data or just 00z & 12z sounding data?

you'll do fine Brian. Blizzard conditions at times for all, verified from Cape to Eastport coast. West Of the CT river is not in a great spot but certainly like everywhere the wind,cold are the issue. Even 3-5 will be havoc.

A bit off topic, but would make tracking these systems and these convos more interesting. Any books or other resources you guys suggest to improve my understanding (was a meteo major for 2 years, so I grasp basics).

A great site. One time set-up. Has everything, even tests....hint, hint for those amongst us. 

https://www.meted.ucar.edu/

SREF 12hr mean snowfall with a weenie max over TOL:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What's that , 100" at wildcat, NH.  Man I would be driving up deep into a nice little B&B at 1500' in white mtns (Deep into Jackson,NH) tomorrow at noon , if that had a chance in hell of verifying.

I have been thinking that INV TROUGH is quite the Wildcat For CT/RI tomm night

Archived