• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

Nam is just awesome from Portsmouth to bar harbor.

That's what this storm will do, the rest of us in eastern areas are looking at .4 to maybe .7 with some enhancement.

Tauntons numbers are good with ratios. I just don't see the nam as being groundbreaking its latched on to the pummeling of coastal northern new England which was what we knew all along. Now the gfs shifts east some and we have consensus pretty much for a moderate qpf event in eastern SNE, light to moderate away from eastern zones working down.

I really don't see this changing a whole heck of a lot from the last day or so as far as the areas that see the heaviest snow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't see this changing a whole heck of a lot from the last day or so as far as the areas that see the heaviest snow

25 miles makes the world of difference for eastern MA. I'm thinking its going to be compromise between the GFS and RGEM/EURO..so somewhere between .6-1" which equates well with the current box MAP.

25 miles makes the world of difference for eastern MA. I'm thinking its going to be compromise between the GFS and RGEM/EURO..so somewhere between .6-1" which equates well with the current box MAP.

As it usually does when folks are getting fringed, I would be siding with a RGEM/ Euro combo, I don't even know if i would weigh the GFS, Its pretty much by itself but i bet it cave at 0z towards the other guidance

I think Cape Cod benefits from the further west tracks of the NAM and GFS at the surface with the surface low about 25-50 miles east to northeast of CHH and Provincetown, MA where as the comma head heads back west to southwest into the Cape Cod Bay and Outer Cape Cod, MA. The winds will rip around the system carrying with them the heavier precip. I suspect that the 12z runs later tomorrow will bring the 1.0+" QpF max to Cape Cod, MA to perhaps 1.5" of QPF.

Sorry for the OT post guys, but i wouldn't ask if it wasn't my wife and kids.  They are heading up to Loon (Lincoln, NH) for their annual long weekend ski trip (I can't go for work reasons) with her friend and friend's kids tomorrow.  She's ok driving in snow, but I'd prefer her to avoid any really dangerous, heavy stuff.  She was planning to leave Andover around 2:00 p.m.  Will that be ok, or should she leave much earlier?  I know it's not supposed to be heavy in this area until much later than that, but I have no idea what the timing of this looks like up there.   Thanks in advance. 

earlier better if you want to be safe and not worry so much.

Sorry for the OT post guys, but i wouldn't ask if it wasn't my wife and kids.  They are heading up to Loon (Lincoln, NH) for their annual long weekend ski trip (I can't go for work reasons) with her friend and friend's kids tomorrow.  She's ok driving in snow, but I'd prefer her to avoid any really dangerous, heavy stuff.  She was planning to leave Andover around 2:00 p.m.  Will that be ok, or should she leave much earlier?  I know it's not supposed to be heavy in this area until much later than that, but I have no idea what the timing of this looks like up there.   Thanks in advance. 

Sorry for the OT post guys, but i wouldn't ask if it wasn't my wife and kids. They are heading up to Loon (Lincoln, NH) for their annual long weekend ski trip (I can't go for work reasons) with her friend and friend's kids tomorrow. She's ok driving in snow, but I'd prefer her to avoid any really dangerous, heavy stuff. She was planning to leave Andover around 2:00 p.m. Will that be ok, or should she leave much earlier? I know it's not supposed to be heavy in this area until much later than that, but I have no idea what the timing of this looks like up there. Thanks in advance.

We need to know the weight of the car, with all passengers and gear included, and the type of tires.

Nah but for real that seems early enough in the day to avoid the beast mode stuff with ease.

earlier better if you want to be safe and not worry so much.

I hear that.  Problem is she can't check into the hotel until 4:00 p.m., so kind of tough to hang around with 5 kids (only 2 are mine, thankfully :) )under the age of 7 for too long, so don't want her to leave a whole lot earlier than she needs to either.  

I don't think there is much problem driving up 93 to Loon tomorrow PM.  Loon has a NE exposure and I am just guessing but I would think with such high wind and low temperatures they may have to shut down on Sunday because of wind conditions.  Possibly Monday AM too. Tough 2 days to ski.  Tomorrow is actually the day to get out on the slopes, light winds and light snow in the PM

We need to know the weight of the car, with all passengers and gear included, and the type of tires.

Nah but for real that seems early enough in the day to avoid the beast mode stuff with ease.

LOL. 2013 Honda Pilot and I think her friend has a 2012 Honda Odyssey.  :)  Thanks.  That's good enough.  Again, apologize for the interruption, back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

Sorry for the OT post guys, but i wouldn't ask if it wasn't my wife and kids. They are heading up to Loon (Lincoln, NH) for their annual long weekend ski trip (I can't go for work reasons) with her friend and friend's kids tomorrow. She's ok driving in snow, but I'd prefer her to avoid any really dangerous, heavy stuff. She was planning to leave Andover around 2:00 p.m. Will that be ok, or should she leave much earlier? I know it's not supposed to be heavy in this area until much later than that, but I have no idea what the timing of this looks like up there. Thanks in advance.

why not leave earlier just to be safe, hope they are prepared for brutal cold Sunday

Archived