• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

Track wise they both look great. I'm expecting more than 6 inches and possibly as much as 12 if banding is nearby..Could care less qpf

At some point you have to take QPF output seriously.  Only a couple are tossing out robust amounts and even those are pretty much relegated to eastern areas,  4-8" would be my ballpark in the hills there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, but I'll have to take a look to see why it's sort of meh as you guys describe.

Looking at it myself, the H5 low doesn't deepen as much as we'd want despite a track that digs further south off the M.A. coast...so it kind of lets all that crap out to the east rot and move more north rather than ripping the whole thing back west.

But its a fine line obviously. Powderkeg setup doesn't sit easy with me to forecast mundane...but OTOH, maybe this thing really does take a track E of ACY and fails to deliver...maybe the dual low out to the east is right. I've never seen a 5H track like this NOT deliever pretty big, but we've seen a lot of stuff this winter that we don't usually see. :lol:

Only 48 hrs left, and maybe I'm being a :weenie:, but I feel like it's pretty clear that the possibility of this trending/verifying better, given the setup, is far higher than the possibility of this trending more ots or weaker

Pretty clear because the setup/elements involved, I trust... because so far today -- outside of one model -- it's looked worse.

I may be way off with this but from what is being described with that ULL moving off of ACY it reminds me of April, 1982. If so, I guess this is just too progressive to be a repeat of that?

History tends to repeat itself, and history is absolutely littered with disappointment.

I think you are off one contour...it barely misses 0.75 at BOS

That's 30" at 40:1. 

Thinkin about 2-5" for central/west CT with 3-7" in their far eastern counties

I'm guessing that's about right.

it's hard to go higher than 4 - 6" max out this way.

nice refresher either way.

Yup.  Probably achieve advisory levels, though even falling short of that they'd likely be necessary with the breeze.

9.2/-11, I I wonder if I might eek out a sub 10.  Not likel.

I may be way off with this but from what is being described with that ULL moving off of ACY it reminds me of April, 1982. If so, I guess this is just too progressive to be a repeat of that?

April 6th/7th, 1982 was a totally different setup. not even relevant with the one we have for Sunday.

You are Not feeling this ha?

I wouldn't say that. I'm not feeling huge totals, at least not down this way. I think expectations are generally inflated after what we have seen in the past 3 weeks. In a normal winter people would vs very excited about this storm.

I'm excited to enjoy this storm over the long weekend. Warning snows..... With cold temps in wind. Doesn't have to be 12+ to be a good storm

I wouldn't say that. I'm not feeling huge totals, at least not down this way. I think expectations are generally inflated after what we have seen in the past 3 weeks. In a normal winter people would vs very excited about this storm.

I'm excited to enjoy this storm over the long weekend. Warning snows..... With cold temps in wind. Doesn't have to be 12+ to be a good storm

Amen. Should be fun just to see how much wind howls.  I think this has more wind potential than the first blizzard.  We might see widespread blizzard conditions verify despite the lower snow totals...

Amen. Should be fun just to see how much wind howls.  I think this has more wind potential than the first blizzard.  We might see widespread blizzard conditions verify despite the lower snow totals...

Ya but the wind potential won't be realized in SNE (during) the storm unless this cranks and gets tucked in tight. I think best winds outside the Cape will be as storm pulls away in Cold Air Advection when everyone begins to howl out of the NW. 50 gusts seem the minimum limit.

6" is the new dusting now.

This storm will likely have some tricks up its sleeve anyway.

I like where I sit for this one. I just hope to catch one of those mega bands on the backside, coming out of the GOM. The GFS has a 6 hour pocket where I'd get blasted up here in Newburyport.

It looks pretty safe for me to expect 8-10" and anything above that would be gravy. I'll take a wind whipped fresh blast. Even driving around today along 1A through Essex the open fields are causing some drifting on road with existing snow. It looks like the arctic circle out there!

I like where I sit for this one. I just hope to catch one of those mega bands on the backside, coming out of the GOM. The GFS has a 6 hour pocket where I'd get blasted up here in Newburyport.

It looks pretty safe for me to expect 8-10" and anything above that would be gravy. I'll take a wind whipped fresh blast. Even driving around today along 1A through Essex the open fields are causing some drifting on road with existing snow. It looks like the arctic circle out there!

I'd be somewhat surprised if you didn't get 10" up in Essex county. There's definitely some higher potential there.

Archived