joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty neat.. more  than I was expecting up there. With low passing just south of overhead it does seem it could be like a triple point area/warm frontal zone. I'm bummed I missed it and just get the terrible part. :P

That initial area of lift dropped .50. I got 2.3" in under 90 minutes. It was fooking awesome. Heavy and dense sow. Not powdery until the end. I wasn't blowing around as much as you would think. Great event. 

Hearing around 2.5 back home in Dundalk from the family. How awesome. Saw the amazing rates and blowing in North Frederick tonight. Went to the Monocacy Giant and sat and took some good footage, I was soaked in 30 seconds. Had to be somewhat wet on the SR's. We had a pre-band piece come through that covered everything, then the band was awesome.

I'll measure again for accuracy, just shoveled for my wife's morning hospital shift.   3-1/2" may not be an exaggeration.

This sounds right to me. Just eyeballing in Elkridge, I was thinking a little over 3 to a little under 4, so 3.5 makes sense. I'm interested to see what BWI reports. I'm guessing something like 2.8 or 3.2.

Archived