joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still blowing out. Boats are now literally high and dry.

Awesome. Take a pic of the lowest level of the blowout and post, if you don't mind.

Low was 1.7F in Clarksburg at 7:50am. Daytime high is right now at 8.9F although the midnight high was 9.1F. Winds are still ripping. I've had 12 gusts of 50+mph since yesterday evening. None have topped 51mph tho.

Might make a run at the low temp from last year tonight. Hit -1.8°F on March 4th.

This event will end up high on my list of fun events even though snowfall wasn't widespread or prolific. The conditions for 90 minutes last night were out of control awesome. Have not seen anything like it since Feb 2010. I stood in my garage with the door open the whole time. The whiteout was nuts. The rates were sick. And the fact that the snow was dense until the end made quite a scene. I got lucky though because the early band and main band produced so well. Today was a deep midwinter day. The kind of day that many winters don't even have around here.

Tomorrow night will be a subforum full of winners. Can't wait.

This event will end up high on my list of fun events even though snowfall wasn't widespread or prolific. The conditions for 90 minutes last night were out of control awesome. Have not seen anything like it since Feb 2010. I stood in my garage with the door open the whole time. The whiteout was nuts. The rates were sick. And the fact that the snow was dense until the end made quite a scene. I got lucky though because the early band and main band produced so well. Today was a deep midwinter day. The kind of day that many winters don't even have around here.

Tomorrow night will be a subforum full of winners. Can't wait.

I agree. I had a lot of fun last night. I looked like a snow man when I finally came in. The wet snow froze to my coat once that front hit. Man, that was one i will remember.

Archived