joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front pushed through around 8pm tonight. Got a quick dusting with very strong winds. Colonial Heights Va near by, Fire and EMS had a report of a gust to 67mph. Went from 47 degrees down to 31 very quickly. Now 25/1 with frequent gust in the upper 30s to lower/mid 40s. It is howling out there. Bedroom on the NW side of the house. Going to be difficult to sleep tonight. Hoping to keep power. Lights have already been flickering, 6 times thus far     

Significant winds passing through the area. fire station 2 reported a wind gust of 67 miles per hours. If you lose power please call Dominion Virginia Power at 866-366-4357.

I can't stop looking out the window. Ground blizzards every 3 minutes. I'm having a hard time fighting the urge to walk again. I'll prob have to drag the dog out the door to get him to come

do it....I did it just for 5 minutes and it was a glorious 5 minutes...I purposely walked into the wind so that the ground blizzard was spraying into my face.  -2 here with 40 mph gusts...nothing better

do it....I did it just for 5 minutes and it was a glorious 5 minutes...I purposely walked into the wind so that the ground blizzard was spraying into my face. -2 here with 40 mph gusts...nothing better

I'm doing it. Time to layer up. Wind is rattling the house and temp just hit 10. My footprints will get filled the second my foot leaves the ground

I'm so tempted to jebwalk but I want the WC to go lower :P. What a night. Good snow, big wind, big cold, good model runs, and my P&C (fwiw) says I don't hit 30 until next Saturday. This is how winter should be.

Eh, I could live with a few warm/DRY stretches along with a few cold/snowy. If it weren't for the wind whipped snow creating such beautiful scenery, and the prospect of still more snow in a few days, Id be angry at seeing the temperature forecast for next week.

Archived