joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got in on the 2" and it really is blowing around.

Can stay in shed and shelter and watch it sift and even do some dust devils.

Yes, I was watching dervish-y things too. 

Man, it was snowing harder than I've seen in a long time earlier. There was so much snow falling it was casting these heavy, rippling shadows on the ground...just awesome. 

12/3

Edit: 45 mph gust

My power is out :(

Hope it gets restored soon. I was pretty dead on about the core of strongest winds over MD. Usually I bellyache about MD getting more snow than mby, and MD should, it has better climo but in this case I am glad we only have 35 mph peak gusts.

Man I really hope your power gets restored as soon as possible.

It's coming in sets. Just like big surf. They hit in sets of 3-4, just like surf. The sets seem to be getting closer together.

Enjoy it. Maryland is Ground Zero for severe winds tonight. You'll need a generator, lots of blankets. We got off easy here in VA not only in terms of only getting a dusting with only a few slick spots, but also in terms of lighter winds. Our peak gust has only been 35 mph and most gusts are in the 20s. No fallen trees here :) :) :) :) :)

Power back on in south Arlington VA.

Older houses= overhead wires.

They brined The Hill Of Doom, but looking at the street and DCA obs it appears that whatever fell flash-froze onto the road.

Let's see if the 4x4s can climb the hill in the morning.

North of here is getting into some serious serious gusts lmao, but we stay in the 20s and 30s, I'm just charmed I guess.

Power outages in this kind of cold is just NO fun at all, I feel real real sorry for Maryland, i really do.

We were forecasted to drop to 4 degrees. I am still 14 degrees, we are going to luck out there as well, probably hit 10 for a low.

Lost power about 20 mins ago.  Just came in from starting the generator and switching our panel over.  It's a bit nippy, that's for sure, and dark to.  Not a good night to be w/o power.  There are so many power outages our's does not even show up on the DOM interactive map yet, but the entire neighborhood is out.  Over 50k customers in VA w/o pwr.  TG for all those linemen out doing the needy under these conditions.  Same for the other first responders. 

Archived