joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Best snows of the storm have been the past 3 or so hours. I too have been borderline SN/SN+

It's no wonder NWS stuck to their guns on their projections for NE Mass.  If these rates continue for even a couple more hours, we'll blow right passed 18" for this storm, and probably go 20-24".  

Those big green blobs on radar down over KPOU look to be congealing into a bigger mass. I bet that area is experiencing some really nice dendrites now. That all has to move northeast, so still some fun to be had later.

Some of the heaviest snow of the event there from what I hear.  Good luck guys, and keep posting pics!

Logan was in better snow too. Well, Winthrop I should say.

Yeah true but I don't think that makes up the difference between 12" and 20"? I'm barely 5 miles from Logan and was running neck and neck with them as of 7 AM. Maybe I'm not at 20", but 12" is too low I'm almost sure. We'll see what it looks like when I get a measurement.

Going to biggest storm to date here for winter 2014-15.

We're having a really nice burst.  I think I've picked up another 1-2 since 11:30.

How much do you have at this point?  I see reports from Heath and Ashfield from 8:30-9:00am. that only showed 7.5".  There had been no Ashfield reading before then so it might have been just overnight unitl then.  There's a submitter in Heath who's usually seems accurate.  They have to have more than that.

#8 is 21.4", Jan 20-21 1978, #7 is 22.5" from Jan 22-23 2005. Potentially catchable today, which would nestle this baby at #7. #6? The blizzard from two weeks ago.

Well this year joins 1978 as the only year with two top 10 storms in the same season at BOS.

ORH did it twice in the past 15 years (2001, 2013)...though the 18.5" on 2/5/01 has long since fallen out of the top 10...but at the time it squeezed into #10...I think it is barely top 20 now with the glut of 18"+ storms since then.

Archived