• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

We're even getting in on some action up here in the Merrimack Valley. Could be looking at an over performer even up this way. Most incredible winter. Can't believe more on the way Thurs. night and pattern just continues. Six plus feet in the past 16 or so days. Could be over 100" for the season by next week. All time seasonal record potential.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're even getting in on some action up here in the Merrimack Valley. Could be looking at an over performer even up this way. Most incredible winter. Can't believe more on the way Thurs. night and pattern just continues. Six plus feet in the past 16 or so days. Could be over 100" for the season by next week. All time seasonal record potential.

I'd imagine your record must be similar to my 127.5" in '96. 

yeah, I think I screwed up, plus the dog ran around on my board last night I was told :).. later I measured the path I made for the dog before I left and had 7" on the path, plus some blowing.. so I'm likely off by 2-3"  so I stop reporting to NWS .. lol

so my best guess is 10-12" so far. I will only post here in that range.

Probably 12" 

Love the black and white effect, makes it look more historic, which it IS!

I must be up over 36" depth. Probably more like 40". I don't EVER think the pack has been this deep in these parts since record keeping. 

Heaviest snow of the day and the wind blowing it all around has got me all giddy. Definitely an overperformer if this continues. Another snow day tomorrow for the kids? Would make it 7 days off in 11 days.

would you happen to have an event total? 

finally starting to pick up in Lowell this past half hr, snow growth + intensity has improved modestly 

I'd imagine your record must be similar to my 127.5" in '96. 

I was in Somerville in '96. Not sure what Lowell got that year. But I know we've broken 100 a couple times.

Edit:

I'm thinking whatever the record season total is, we have a chance to break it. I haven't been keeping totals. But I remember getting more snow on Thanksgiving than you and I believe we had some minor accumulation in December you might not have cashed in on. But prior to this storm, I believe we were at 61.5" for the previous 10 day stretch.

Last night I came home to 5", and had around 6" at 10 this morning. Another 2 or 3 inches since then, but nothing official. The Lowell COOP usually reports numbers consistent with what I'm measuring/eyeballing, so I'll go with his/her total. But I'm guessing were in the 13-14" range already.

Archived