• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

Pretty much a constant moderate snow here, only thing that changes is flake size.  My plow guy just came by and moved about 6" since his last trip through here early this morning/late last night.  I'd bet we've had right around 12" fall since the beginning of the snow on Saturday early afternoon (how weird is that to write on a Monday afternoon with hours and hours still ahead of us). 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

1105 AM EST MON FEB 9 2015

MAZ013-016>019-RIZ001-002-091730-

EASTERN NORFOLK-WESTERN NORFOLK-NORTHERN BRISTOL-WESTERN

PLYMOUTH-EASTERN PLYMOUTH-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE-

...VERY HEAVY SNOW OVER THE BOSTON SOUTH SHORE COMMUNITIES...

AT 1055 AM EST...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED AN AREA OF VERY HEAVY SNOW

MOVING ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORFOLK...NORTHERN BRISTOL...AND NORTHERN

PLYMOUTH COUNTIES. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR ARE

LIKELY THROUGH AT LEAST 1230 PM.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

BROCKTON...QUINCY...TAUNTON...WEYMOUTH...BRAINTREE...RANDOLPH...

NORWOOD...MILTON...STOUGHTON...MARSHFIELD...DEDHAM.

Epic out there. Just walked through MIT and along the esplanade. Park benches starting to disappear, visibility below 1/4 mile, massive piles, an unbroken sea of white. 

As an aside, could we hypothetically see someone crack 100" over a thirty day period? If the next few storms work to their potential, I think it's possible. Maybe down near Weymouth?

That heavy, heavy band has come north around 20 miles and is knocking at our doorstep. Wonder if it makes it in here for this afternoon? Maybe we can play catch up.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

MAZ013-016>019-RIZ001-002-091730-
EASTERN NORFOLK-WESTERN NORFOLK-NORTHERN BRISTOL-WESTERN
PLYMOUTH-EASTERN PLYMOUTH-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE-

...VERY HEAVY SNOW OVER THE BOSTON SOUTH SHORE COMMUNITIES...

AT 1055 AM EST...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED AN AREA OF VERY HEAVY SNOW
MOVING ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORFOLK...NORTHERN BRISTOL...AND NORTHERN
PLYMOUTH COUNTIES. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR ARE
LIKELY THROUGH AT LEAST 1230 PM.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
BROCKTON...QUINCY...TAUNTON...WEYMOUTH...BRAINTREE...RANDOLPH...
NORWOOD...MILTON...STOUGHTON...MARSHFIELD...DEDHAM.

Dumping here in Newburyport. No official measurement but I'm thinking we are close to 12" for the entire event, based on the radar we can expect another 3-5" at least, if a band sets up maybe more. Pretty much spot on with the forecasts that were out here. 

The South Shore numbers are staggering and the radar is jacked up. Someone will be walking away with 30" down there, hard to believe!

unreal, didn't feel good about the storm last night when I went to bed but wow...  :snowing:

Well the premature bust calls were inevitible with the slow rates and long duration, lol...but the wildcard was always Monday morning with the better mid-level lift and right now it is producing big time.

Well the premature bust calls were inevitible with the slow rates and long duration, lol...but the wildcard was always Monday morning with the better mid-level lift and right now it is producing big time.

I'm seeing the heaviest part of snow here till now for this event, and I am an absolute idiot for not lugging around my DSLR for taking some long-exposure shots of the scene.  :axe:

I was laughing this AM as the heavier echoes began developing knowing this was when the best stuff was modeled to occur.

Archived