• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

That heavy, heavy band has come north around 20 miles and is knocking at our doorstep. Wonder if it makes it in here for this afternoon? Maybe we can play catch up.

that's just part of the large stuff moving east from Worcester and such, the CF stalled again well east and just off shore N shore (over cape ann)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This station in Quincy just south of BOS has been playing naked twister with the CF...you can see the temp oscillating on the chart...goes SE, comes back NW, back SE, etc.

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMAQUINC18

Been watching that. Really cool to see various boundaries in this storm.

Is that a compacted total? 

I had 9" when I left @ 7 am

yeah, I think I screwed up, plus the dog ran around on my board last night I was told :).. later I measured the path I made for the dog before I left and had 7" on the path, plus some blowing.. so I'm likely off by 2-3"  so I stop reporting to NWS .. lol

so my best guess is 10-12" so far. I will only post here in that range.

This is turning out to be a nice event for us here in Central CT. I had an inch in Sat PM event, and another inch into Sun morning. Have picked up about 7 inches since this started back up last evening. At about 9 inches for a total so far, and still snowing Moderatley and has been for quite a few hours(with heavier bursts inbedded).

Archived