joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man,  my area is really suffering from that super banding over boston.

Sucker holes keep opening right over.

Was afraid for that.

I've been noticing that. I thought for sure I was going to get suckerholed up here in Lowell based on the RPM model the forecasters use, but it looks like I've lucked out. I had thought I'd max out at a foot, but I'll probably end up with more like 18" when all is said and done.

I don't know about your house Ray, but I can tell you there is no suffering going on here.  I just took a drive up 28 to North Reading and back, and it is pouring snow all along the way.  Fluctuating between moderate and heavy, flake size is awesome, easily 1-2"/hour stuff now.  This is going to pile up in a hurry.  

Totally different feeling in here than there was about 12-13 hours ago.  Decision by Boston to cancel school tomorrow looks like the right one now.  Imagine a whole bunch of other communities start following suit soon, especially if this continues on into the night. 

I don't know about your house Ray, but I can tell you there is no suffering going on here.  I just took a drive up 28 to North Reading and back, and it is pouring snow all along the way.  Fluctuating between moderate and heavy, flake size is awesome, easily 1-2"/hour stuff now.  This is going to pile up in a hurry.  

Totally different feeling in here than there was about 12-13 hours ago.  Decision by Boston to cancel school tomorrow looks like the right one now.  Imagine a whole bunch of other communities start following suit soon, especially if this continues on into the night. 

Agreed. Best snows of the storm have been the past 3 or so hours. I too have been borderline SN/SN+

Unbelievable. Heavy snow continues, snow growth has dropped off a bit as we're in a lull between bands but still impressive compared to last nights debacle. Easily 12"+ so far for a storm total and perhaps quite a bit more, haven't been out to measure and at this point it's difficult to estimate. Will just take whatever Logan comes in with unless it's obviously wrong.

Can Confirm at KCNM at 1:30pm - 

10"  

SN+   

25" Depth  

14" Base (When stepped on hard and what is left) - Ties 2011 Record.  

56.75" Since January 24th.  17 Days.  

49.75" in 14 Days (Tuesday after 2" in the Blizzard of 2015, through Today).  

65" on the Season.  Already Tied for 30th.  

Archived