joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Epic! I think the folks over in Tug Hill would be impressed!

I'm actually a little sad my 5 yr old and 2 yr old will not remember this and probably won't ever see this again. Fort Marshall.

The Holiest of Holy Places - Tug Hill.  WOULD Be impressed.  And This snow won't compact like crazy.  So Ha!  

And Man - Is that made with Only snow?  I presume you put a piece of plywood for hte bridge and then covered any view of wood with side snow.  That's Awesome!!!!  I want to do crazy things like that.  Haven't seen this much snow in the area since 1996 when I was making tunnels on my neighbors yard because there was too much snow.  We made a house basically 9with no roof) with hallways and rooms and such.  Was only 8.5 years old so 36" Depth was Insane.  My depth is only at 26.5" but that same yard looked very similar.  

THIS IS OUR 1978 DAMN IT!!  

The Holiest of Holy Places - Tug Hill. WOULD Be impressed. And This snow won't compact like crazy. So Ha!

And Man - Is that made with Only snow? I presume you put a piece of plywood for hte bridge and then covered any view of wood with side snow. That's Awesome!!!! I want to do crazy things like that. Haven't seen this much snow in the area since 1996 when I was making tunnels on my neighbors yard because there was too much snow. We made a house basically 9with no roof) with hallways and rooms and such. Was only 8.5 years old so 36" Depth was Insane. My depth is only at 26.5" but that same yard looked very similar.

THIS IS OUR 1978 DAMN IT!!

Made with only snow and a plank for a roof.

Transformer just blew and now my generator is wailing away. Doesn't get any better.

I remember someone once telling me as a kid that when you see really big flakes, you're getting towards the end of the storm.  Well, right now, we have the biggest flakes we've had during this entire event, and it's turning moderate snow into heavy snow-like accumulations.  Unreal.  

My house was smack on the line forecasted between 14-18" and 18-24" by most mets, and I'm guessing that we are hitting that 18" right on the number.  

Watching out the window at my neighbor cleaning his driveway. He's usually really specific about how he runs his snow blower. Same way. Every time. Piles always in the same spots. Slow and steady. Right now he is literally running up and down his driveway ripping snow everywhere. Lol. Yep. It's been a wild 20 days.

my kids have had, or will have 7 snow days out of 11.

Yeah, I miscounted earlier.  It's 7/11 in Andover too, including tomorrow.  Based on the emails from the school, looks like they are tacking them onto the end of the year.  Email from this morning said last day of classes was going to be 6/23, so I imagine it's now 6/24 after tomorrow.  At this rate, they'll be in school through the Fourth of July by the end of February. 

Yeah, I miscounted earlier.  It's 7/11 in Andover too, including tomorrow.  Based on the emails from the school, looks like they are tacking them onto the end of the year.  Email from this morning said last day of classes was going to be 6/23, so I imagine it's now 6/24 after tomorrow.  At this rate, they'll be in school through the Fourth of July by the end of February. 

Not for my kids, lol. The Catholic schools don't have to meet that minimum, although for the first time in my life they are sending them home with blzzard bags, so they can do their work from home.

my kids have had, or will have 7 snow days out of 11.

They include 11 snow days in the calendar?  Wow.

When I grew up in the capital region of Albany, NY we only had 5.

Here in CT we have zip.  The calendar starts with zero snow days included, and as they happen so does the extension of the year.  We've had 7 snow/ rain days so far, pushing us well into the end of June.

we were told it wouldn't. Wills trains ain't running either

Man, you guys are spin-meisters...taking lessons from Kev? :lol:

I just said I didn't believe in the apocolypse scenario that if BOS got another 15-20", that the city would be shut down for a week or more which is what the original argument was...driving in the city will be horrible, but the city will be up and running pretty quickly.

Here in CT we have zip.  The calendar starts with zero snow days included, and as they happen so does the extension of the year.  We've had 7 snow/ rain days so far, pushing us well into the end of June.

I think he meant that 7 of the last 11 possible school days have been snowed out.

-

We're capped at 6/20 (roughly 6 snow days) here after that day we start to take away April vacation.   They did away with Feb vacation several years ago (now a 4 day weekend) so they could get out earlier.  We've only had 3 days off here, super is pretty good about calling only the days they really need.  Today was borderline.

We don't include any snow days. They just put the 180th day on the calendar then we add as we go.

Up to June 23 now. But we will prob give back Good Friday which is dumb.

Archived