joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray, the Lowell observer reported 35" last week. I can't confirm that measurement as my kids and I built three humongous snowmen essentially screwing my depth observations for this season, but I can confidently state my depth is deeper now than it was last week. Probably by 3 or 4 inches if I were to guess.

Yea, it makes sense because you hit the banding better than I did in the blizz.

You prob have about Logan's depth.

This is similar to here. We have 38 inch depth right now.

Man, everywhere all around me is pushing 40".

I just can't get that local record for the life of me.

I'm always a minimum in extreme situations....my theory is that I'm the perfectly wrong distance from the ocean......close enough to have it screw me over with warmth, and subsidence from oes, but never ever able to benefit from the oes.

I'm in a mesoscale hole here.

I managed to take a few pictures earlier of some of the drifts and snow piles around our house. It is absolutely incredible to see snow piled nearly halfway up the backside of our home. The average snow depth is easily 3ft with some drifts exceeding 5ft. What a day it has been! I don't know what our tally is but I would guess we're over 24" by now, maybe close to 26" from this storm alone. I'm sure alot of us will be feeling sore tomorrow lol.

Edit: I'll see if  can upload a couple pics here soon.

Yea, it makes sense because you hit the banding better than I did in the blizz.

You prob have about Logan's depth.

But if I could have done and compared core samples to 2011, I believe the current snow pack would be less. It's evident by the smaller snow piles along the sides of the driveways. Also, we haven't really had any warmup and the only wet snow I got was the second half of the first 8" storm.

But if I could have done and compared core samples to 2011, I believe the current snow pack would be less. It's evident by the smaller snow piles along the sides of the driveways. Also, we haven't really had any warmup and the only wet snow I got was the second half of the first 8" storm.

Yes, this is still a tic below 2011 here, too.

That should change in about 96 hours.

One more will do it.

Shweet pic. Man I'd be in shoveling heaven. I'd dig out every last one of those cars.

You are like me - Call Shoveling "Interaction with the Snow"    

So I just got off the phone with Paul Kocin - He may be flying to Boston.  Please tell him if you know him to come!  I'll Gladly drive him around!  He is Very very bullish on the setup for Thursday.  Not sure if the storm will form right, but Loves the setup, and says this snow isn't going Anywhere.  

Archived