• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

Well, a $55 uber later because the T shut down and having gotten a nice view of the city traveling above ground on the way back, I can safely say that the scene out there is like nothing I've ever seen before in terms of snow cover/wintry weather. Not even in Lake Placid has it ever been this insane, maybe just because they're better at dealing with it/you don't notice it that much but the scene in Boston right now is absolutely unreal.

And then add perhaps 6" or more Thursday? Wow.

Estimating anywhere between 20-24" new(Will go with Logan for a total as we're in line with them and I can't get a reliable measurement), SN- ongoing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is....WOW!!  I took a drive up Route 24 this evening.  Snow began falling at the Burger King rest stop at Exit 13 and by Exit 17 snow was moderate..and it was borderline S+ when I got off in Randolph at Exit 20A.  I was greeted by nothing but sheer EPICOSITY driving around the neighborhoods up there.  The roads were in great shape and the plows were out in force.  It was well worth the 60 mile ride to witness such a majestic scene!!

Archived