SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote jshetley start it.  Why not?  It would be like the biggest reverse jinx in the history of mankind.  (Is that hyperbole?)

Worse case scenario: Jonesville, SC, and surrounding locales get massive amounts of rain while WNC stays in the cold sector of the storm and gets dumped on with snow.  Then, we're all happy.  Amirite?

I vote jshetley start it. Why not? It would be like the biggest reverse jinx in the history of mankind. (Is that hyperbole?)

Worse case scenario: Jonesville, SC, and surrounding locales get massive amounts of rain while WNC stays in the cold sector of the storm and gets dumped on with snow. Then, we're all happy. Amirite?

He'd be happy with alot of rain, because he never gets that ! And his rounding up of temps, he's going to be at 40 on Sunday!

First local forecast that includes frozen precip for next week is out now. Not much difference in the point  vs. zone call at this time other than the point being more temperature specific...

for the KJNX region:

• Tuesday Rain, snow, and freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Tuesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

So there was a lay off sweep at work today. I was a part of it. Bollocks.

My Mom has been through that at least more times than I can count on one hand in the last 5-6 years. It's tough but you'll make it through man. Best of luck to you, you can do it.

Deleted my post on PBP thread because it wasn't the right place but...

I get the feeling way too many meteorologists are shooting down others for any idea of winter storm instead of discussing what COULD happen like Chris on here does. Why not get ahead of social media posters and educate the public with pieces of puzzle?

Deleted my post on PBP thread because it wasn't the right place but...

I get the feeling way too many meteorologists are shooting down others for any idea of winter storm instead of discussing what COULD happen like Chris on here does. Why not get ahead of social media posters and educate the public with pieces of puzzle?

I don't think some TV mets want the competition. They have to be conservative, and are worried about someone else getting it right on the boards and social media, and they getting it wrong. 

Archived