joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is setting up for a disaster in the metro ATL. I got the feeling nobody has learned any lessons from the issues last year. The combo of a holiday weekend and this storm arriving as early as mid day Monday is going to catch a large % of folks unprepared. Folks in my office building are clueless to even the threat.

Hopefully school systems and counties will shutdown Tuesday and release early Monday. Most schools don't have school Monday.

My niece has Monday/Tuesday off (President's Day and Teacher Planning Day). Plus I'm assuming some businesses that observe President's Day will be closed also so the traffic overall should be more lighter than usual. I'm more worried about the GDOT screwing up again and not being prepared. They got in hot water last month for treating some roads (I think it was I-285) two hours after some multiple accidents from black ice. They didn't outright say it, but they hinted that the NWS was to blame for not briefing them that morning about black ice.

You earned it ! But some days on here , I bet you work harder, than you ever did in education!! Your finger has to ache from the delete button strokes and a sore arm from swinging the ban hammer! Good luck the next 3-6 days, lol

Nah.  This place doesn't come close.  There hasn't been a good bomb threat, gang fight or weapon found in this forum in a long time.  I can also ban someone here without having to go toe to toe with their Momma an hour later.  

Nah.  This place doesn't come close.  There hasn't been a good bomb threat, gang fight or weapon found in this forum in a long time.  I can also ban someone here without having to go toe to toe with their Momma an hour later.  

If you strike me down, I will come back more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Archived